May 6, 1972
|Residence||Sandymount, Dublin, Ireland|
|Other names||Jenny D'Arcy|
|Alma mater||Trinity College, Dublin|
|Known for||Co-hosting The Ray D'Arcy Show on Today FM|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (165 cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Ray D'Arcy (m. 2013)|
Jennifer D'Arcy (née Kelly; born 6 May 1972) is an Irish radio personality who came to prominence during the 2000s as Ray D'Arcy's producer on his self-titled radio show on Today FM. The pair now have one daughter and one son together. Kelly previously worked for East Coast FM and then for the state broadcaster's pop music station RTÉ 2fm.
Reared in South Dublin county, Kelly's father Michael was a lawyer and a major influence on her career. Jenny would attend horse races with him, and was seen at the Galway Races in 2003 whilst running in the 2.30 race. She attended St Joseph of Cluny's primary school and Newtown School in Waterford for her secondary education before spending time delved in theatre studies at Trinity College, Dublin.
Before obtaining a position in RTÉ, Kelly volunteered for a place at Dublin South Community Radio and received in return a weekly half-hour arts programme to present. She began working with state broadcaster RTÉ in 1994, working on 2FM where her first national broadcast took place from on top of the world's biggest, fastest roller coaster. In 1997, she joined East Coast Radio, where she co-presented The Breakfast Show and produced the mid-morning show. Early in 2000, she transferred to Today FM to work in music programming with Phil Cawley and Tim Kelly. In September 2000, D'Arcy joined the station and The Ray D'Arcy Show began. When Kelly's father, Michael, died in his sleep on 8 April 2011, she learned of the death from Today FM chief executive Willie O'Reilly while on air. The Ray D'Arcy Show was abruptly taken off the air, prompting thousands of texts and calls from worried listeners.
Living in Dublin, the pair have two children: daughter Kate was born 25 November 2006, shortly after 20:00, at Mount Carmel Hospital and weighing just above seven pounds. She went into labour after laughing when watching Pat Kenny get heckled on live television on The Late Late Show. The pair were stalked by the tabloid press when D'Arcy publicly exposed their partnership on Saturday Night With Miriam in 2005. They attended the wedding of Tommy Tiernan as a couple. In January 2012, they announced their engagement and that they were pregnant with a second child. In June 2012, D'Arcy and Kelly had their second baby, a son called Tom Michael D'Arcy.
- "Producer of The Ray D'Arcy Show on Today FM". Cupid Kelly.
- Finn, Melanie (31 March 2011). "I'm not motivated by money ... but I am very well paid". Evening Herald. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- Martin, Paul (9 April 2011). "On-air shocker for radio couple at news Jenny's dad has died". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
Last night pals revealed how lawyer Michael was the "light of Jenny's life" and a huge influence on her radio career. Mr O'Reilly added: "They were like the best of mates. I saw them together at the races recently and they were just so close ... They were buddies, he loved the horses.
- "Racing to Galway for great craic at the track". Irish Independent. 2 August 2003. Retrieved 2 August 2003.
Michael Kinane , who had a hectic and hugely successful week at the Galway races, attended with Catherine. Justin Carthy of Chronicle bookmakers and Paul Collins and Jenny Kelly of Today FM also turned up.
- Sweeney, Ken (9 April 2011). "D'Arcy's show taken off air after co-host's father dies". Irish Independent. Archived from the original on 3 August 2012. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- Tyaransen, Olaf (25 February 2010). "Glad to be Ray". Hot Press. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- O'Riordan, Alison (24 August 2008). "Ray happy with Roses as he rules out run at 'Late Late'". Sunday Independent. Retrieved 10 November 2008.
- "The Ray D'Arcy Show". Today FM. 28 November 2008.
- Kennedy, Edel (28 November 2006). "DJ Ray on night shift - as a dad". Irish Independent. Retrieved 26 December 2008.
- "D'Arcy wants Dunphy back on radio". Hot Press. 11 February 2010. Retrieved 11 February 2010.
- Nolan, Larissa (30 July 2006). "Pregnancy finally fixes the big Ray and Jenny question". Sunday Independent. Retrieved 10 November 2008.
- "Comic timing for Tommy as bride keeps him waiting". Sunday Independent. 9 August 2009. Archived from the original on 2 August 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "D'arcy engaged and expecting second child". RTÉ Ten. 3 January 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- "Baby joy for radio jock Ray D'Arcy". The Sun. 19 June 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2012.