Mollen in April 2005
Jenny Ann Mollen|
May 30, 1979
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles|
Jason Biggs (m. 2008)
Jenny Ann Mollen (born May 30, 1979) is an American actress and New York Times best selling author. She is known for her portrayal of Nina Ash on the television series Angel, and for Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave. She also writes a humorous column for The Smoking Jacket, a website affiliated with Playboy, as well as an advice column for Playboy.
Mollen was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. Mollen's father is Jewish, and she was raised culturally Jewish. She has a sister and a brother. Her work in local theater led to work with The Old Globe in San Diego, California, The Idywild School, and the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon. She graduated from University of California, Los Angeles's School of Theater, Film, and Television. While there she broke into the film industry. Her father, osteopathic physician Dr. Art Mollen, has published five books on health topics and has appeared as a health expert on The Oprah Winfrey Show and other media outlets.
In 2005, Mollen announced in an interview about her plans to perform in London in a play she wrote about her dog.
In January 2013, Mollen's signed with St. Martin's Press to write a book of comedic essays, I Like You Just The Way I Am. The book reached #10 on The New York Times Best Seller list for Print & E-Book Nonfiction on its debut in June 2014. Mollen published a follow-up, Live Fast Die Hot, in June 2016, which also subsequently became New York Times Best Seller at #8 in Humor.
On August 4, 2016, it was announced that ABC Digital acquired a single-camera comedy written and starring Mollen based on her NYT Best Seller I Like You Just The Way I Am. Mollen also co-starred with her husband Jason Biggs as fictional husband and wife characters in comedy film Amateur Night.
Mollen married actor Jason Biggs in Los Angeles, California, on April 23, 2008, then had a second wedding ceremony in California's Napa Valley in mid-June. They met while filming My Best Friend's Girl. In July 2013, Biggs and Mollen announced they were expecting their first child. Their son, Sid, was born on February 15, 2014. Their second son, Lazlo was born on October 2, 2017.
Mollen speaks German fluently. She explained in an Instagram story on July 29, 2018 that in college she had a German boyfriend whose parents didn't speak any English. She lived in Germany with them after college and learning the language "just sort of happened." Wanting to enforce a language with her children (and having spoken German to her dog Teets), she speaks German with both of her children.
|2003||Billy Makes The Cut||Ashley|||
|2003||Searching for Haizmann||Grace Robin|||
|2004||The Raven||Lenna||Short film|
|2006||Ring Around the Rosie||Wendy Baldwin||Video|
|2006||Cattle Call||Marina Del|
|2008||My Best Friend's Girl||Colleen, the new girl|
|2008||Off the Ledge||Amber-Elizabeth|
|2011||Crazy, Stupid, Love||Lisa|
|2016||Amateur Night||Anne Carter|
|2000||18 Wheels of Justice||Susan Curran||Episode: "Mr. Invisible"|
|2001||Strong Medicine||Blonde||Episode: "Black 'n' Flu"|
|2003–04||Angel||Nina Ash||Episodes: "Unleashed", "Smile Time", "Power Play"|
|2005||Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave||Jenny||Television film|
|2006||Medium||Lydia Kyne||Episode: "Method to His Madness"|
|2007||Viva Laughlin||Geneva's sister||Unaired episodes|
|2008||Crash||Theresa Nolanski||Recurring role, 7 episodes|
|2011||CSI: NY||Det. Angela Sayer||Episode: "Life Sentence"|
|2011||Suits||Gabby Stone||Episode: "Tricks of the Trade"|
|2013||Hawaii Five-0||Dakota Hayes||Episode: "Pa'ani"|
|2014||Girls||Courtney||Episodes: "I Saw You", "Two Plane Rides"|
|2015||Bachelor in Paradise: After Paradise||Herself||Co-Host|
|2016||Chicago Fire||Episode: "What Happened to Courtney"|
- "Jenny Mollen Biography (1979–)". FilmReference.com. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Mollen, Jenny. "What She Said". The Smoking Jacket. Playboy. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- Denninger, Lindsay (August 3, 2015). "Who Is Jenny Mollen? This 'Bachelor In Paradise' After Show Host Is A Super Fan (And A 'New York Times' Best Seller)". Bustle. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "An interview with Jenny Mollen". Return of the Living Dead official website. Archived from the original on April 8, 2005. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Interfaith Family: "Hollywood Now: The Monuments Men, Teller Directs, Jason Biggs Throws a Bark Mitzvah" By Gerri Miller February 5, 2014
- Tropiano, Dolores (November 2010). "Dr. Art Mollen". Phoenix Magazine. p. 43. Archived from the original on July 19, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "Biography of Jenny Mollen". AllAmericanSpeakers.com. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- Fauskee, Katie (January 14, 2013). "Comedian Jenny Mollen Signs Deal For Chelsea Handler-Like Book (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "Best Sellers: Combines Print & E-Book Nonfiction". The New York Times. July 6, 2014.
- "Jason Biggs, Jenny Mollen team up for new comedy 'Amateur Night'". TODAY.com. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- Lambert, Suzanne Condie (July 16, 2008). "'We Do,' Again". (Fourth item down) The Arizona Republic. Archived from the original on July 19, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Rothman, Michael (July 18, 2013). "Jason Biggs Expecting First Child With Jenny Mollen". ABC News. Archived from the original on July 19, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Gonzalez, Maricela (July 18, 2013). "Jason Biggs and Jenny Mollen to be first-time parents". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on July 19, 2015. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Parker, Heidi (February 18, 2014). "Woah, baby! Jason Biggs shares video from INSIDE labour ward as wife gives birth to boy Sid". DailyMail. Retrieved February 19, 2014.