|Chief Executive of the
Supreme Court of the United Kingdom
October 2009 – October 2015
|Appointed by||Jack Straw, Lord Chancellor|
|President||Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers
Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury
|Preceded by||Position created|
|Succeeded by||Mark Ormerod|
|Born||2 October 1955|
|Spouse(s)||John Richard Ellis|
|Alma mater||King's College London
Jenny Rowe was born on 2 October 1955, and educated at Sir James Smith's School, Camelford. She graduated from King's College London in 1977 with a BA (Hons.) in History, and studied at the College of Law, Lancaster Gate, and Birkbeck College, where she gained an MSc in Policy Administration in 1984.
Rowe joined the civil service shortly after graduating from Birkbeck, and held a number of posts in the Lord Chancellor's Department. From 1990 to 1993, Rowe was Principal Private Secretary to the Lord Chancellor, and from 1993–1995, was Principal Establishment and Finance Officer at the Serious Fraud Office. She returned to the Lord Chancellor's Department in 1995 as Head of Criminal Policy, and was re-appointed Principal Private Secretary to the Lord Chancellor in 1997. In 1999, she became Director of Corporate Services, and in 2002, Director of Finance and Corporate Affairs. She served as Secretary to the Butterfield Review of Criminal Investigations and Prosecutions conducted by HM Customs and Excise in 2003. In 2004, she was appointed Director of Policy Administration at the Attorney General's Office. In January 2008, the Lord Chancellor, Jack Straw, announced Rowe's appointment as the first chief executive of the new Supreme Court of the United Kingdom, which began operation in October 2009. Rowe retired in October 2015 and was succeeded by Mark Ormerod as chief executive of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom.
Rowe married John Richard Ellis in 1993.
Her interests include travelling, reading, theatre, opera, museums and galleries, gardening and watching cricket. She is a member of the Royal Over-Seas League, Middlesex County Cricket Club and Surrey County Cricket Club, and has been a Trustee of the Royal British Legion since 2005.
- "ROWE, Jennifer, (Mrs J. Ellis)". Who's Who. Oxford University Press. December 2009. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
- "Appointment of the first chief executive of the Supreme Court". Ministry of Justice. 18 January 2008. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
- "Jenny Rowe – Supreme Court". British and Irish Association of Law Librarians. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
- Gibb, Frances (18 January 2008). "Civil servant appointed to run supreme court". London: The Times. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
- "Mark Ormerod to be Supreme Court's Chief Executive". www.supremecourt.uk. 19 June 2015. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "(Supplement) no. 60534". The London Gazette. 15 June 2013. p. 2.
- "Attorney General's Newsletter: Senior Staff Moves (P10)" (PDF). Attorney General's Office. April 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-06-03. Retrieved 6 July 2009.
- "The Royal British Legion – Who we are". Royal British Legion. Retrieved 6 July 2009.