Shimizu at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival
|Born||June 16, 1967|
San Jose, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
While working as a mechanic, Shimizu was approached to model for the Calvin Klein CK1 fragrance ads and model Calvin Klein fashions. She later was featured in the Banana Republic "American Beauty" campaign.
Shimizu was one of the stars of Foxfire, alongside Angelina Jolie. She also had a supporting role in Jamie Babbit's 2007 film Itty Bitty Titty Committee. Shimizu appeared in the third season of the here! original series Dante's Cove.
In January 2007, Shimizu described an intimate relationship she had with Madonna, claiming that Madonna would fly her to destinations across the world for sexual liaisons. "I was her secret 'booty call' available any time of the day or night for secret sex sessions." She also had a romantic relationship with Angelina Jolie, which Jolie confirmed in a 1997 interview when she said, "I fell in love with her the first second I saw her. I would probably have married Jenny if I hadn't married my [first] husband (Jonny Lee Miller)."
In 2005, to protest against America's laws on gay marriage, Shimizu went through the process of marriage to Rebecca Loos on the Sky documentary Power Lesbian UK (broadcast as Power Lesbians on LOGO in the U.S.). The two had a relationship for a period thereafter.
- "Jenny Shimizu". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Fitzharris, Dustin (November 9, 2010). "Where Are They Now: Jenny Shimizu". Out Magazine. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Halperin, Ian (2001). Bad and Beautiful: Inside the Dazzling and Deadly World of Supermodels. New York: Citadel Press. ISBN 978-0806523101. OCLC 50639023.
- Hargroder, Megan (December 14, 2010). "An interview with Jenny Shimizu". AfterEllen.com. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "SS 1994 Womenswear".
- Kregloe, Karman (2007-05-29). "Review of Itty Bitty Titty Committee". AfterEllen.com. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- Keiser, Yuki (April 2008). "Fashion & Dyke Icon Jenny Shimizu – Modeling Years". TokyoWrestling.com. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Caramanica, Jon (March 1, 2009). "It's a face-off: 'America's Next Top Model' and 'Make Me a Supermodel' – 'ANTM' gives lip service to uniqueness, while 'MMAS' holds out edgier hope". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Dehnart, Andy (January 7, 2009). "Niki Taylor, Judges Dropped from Season 2 of MMAS". Realityblurred.com. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- How wild child Ione Skye found love with Madonna's lesbian pal Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland), May 15, 1999
- Grew, Tony (2007-01-15). "Model's tell-all book reveals Madonna and Jolie lesbian affairs". Pinknews.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- Anderson, Diane (December 1997). "'Tis the Season to Be Jolie". Girlfriends. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Czyzselka, Jane (November 2005). "Jenny Shimizu & Rebecca Loos: what's the story?". Diva. Archived from the original on 2014-09-06. Retrieved 2007-11-16.
- Trebay, Guy (March 6, 2013). "Michelle Harper, a Woman of Mystery". New York Times. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- Kosin, Julie (September 2, 2014). "Fashion's Favorite Risk-Taker Weds in Vintage Rochas – Michelle Harper married her girlfriend in an Olivier Theysken-designed gown". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved September 5, 2014.