From 1980 to 1997 Tiramani was an associate designer at the Theatre Royal Stratford East. From 1997 to 2002 she held the same position at Shakespeare's Globe in Southwark, and from 2003 to 2005 was director of theatre design there. From 2008 to 2011 she was a visiting professor at the School of Art and Design of Nottingham Trent University.
As an expert on Elizabethan and Jacobean clothing she evaluated the Sanders portrait of William Shakespeare and was an advisor to the Searching for Shakespeare exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery in 2006.
Tiramani has designed opera costumes for productions including Orlando for the Opéra de Lille in 2010, La Clemenza di Tito at the Festival International d'Art Lyrique d'Aix-en-Provence in 2011 and Anna Bolena at the Metropolitan Opera of New York in 2012.
|Year||Plays||Theatre of Performance||Accolades|
|2003||Twelfth Night||Shakespeare's Globe, London||Won Laurence Olivier Award for Best Costume Design|
|2007||Design work from 1997 to 2005||Shakespeare's Globe||Won Sam Wanamaker Award together with Claire van Kampen and Mark Rylance, for pioneering work in Shakespearean theatre|
|2014||Twelfth Night||Apollo Theatre, London||Nominations for Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Costume Design and Laurence Olivier Award for Best Costume Design|
|2014||Twelfth Night||Belasco Theatre, Broadway||Won at the 2014 Tony Awards the Tony Award for Best Costume Design in a Play, Nomination for Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Costume Design|
- Janet Arnold, Jenny Tiramani, Santina Levey: Patterns of Fashion 4: The cut and construction of linen shirts, smocks, neckwear, headwear and accessories for men and women c. 1540 - 1660. Macmillan, November 2008. Paperback. ISBN 978-0-33357-08-21.
- Jenny Tiramani, Luca Costigliolo, Claire Thornton, Armelle Lucas and Christine Prentis, Susan North (editor): Seventeenth-Century Women's Dress Patterns (Book 1). V&A Publishing, April 2011. Hardcover. ISBN 978-1-85177-63-13.
- Jenny Tiramani, Susan North (editor): Seventeenth-Century Women's Dress Patterns (Book 2). V&A Publishing, April 2013. Hardcover. ISBN 978-1-85177-68-56.
- Alan Hopkins, Jenny Tiramani (series editor): Footwear: Shoes and Boots from the Hopkins Collection c. 1730 - 1950. Hardcover February 2015 (in print)
- Ulinka Rublack, Maria Hayward, Jenny Tiramani: The First Book of Fashion: The Book of Clothes of Matthaeus and Veit Konrad Schwarz of Augsburg. Hardcover. October 2015 (in print)
- Jenny Tiramani authorized biography
- Jenny Tiramani biography at the Performing Arts, UK, site
- Jenny Tiramani biography at the School of Historical Dress, UK, site
- Jenny Tiramani biography at the Royal Opera House, UK, site
- Tony Awards Acceptance Speech
- Jenny Tiramani Talks About Costuming for The Globe
- Jenny Tiramani at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery: Talk About Costumes at the Event Dressed to Thrill Dec-2012
|This article about an artist from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|