|Jens-Peter Rossen Bonde|
March 27, 1948 |
Jens-Peter Rossen Bonde (born on 27 March 1948 in Aabenraa) is a former Member of the European Parliament (MEP) with the June Movement. He resigned as an MEP in May 2008. Bonde was elected to the European Parliament in the first election in 1979 with the People's Movement against the EU. He was re-elected 6 times consecutively. In 1992 he co-founded the June Movement which he chaired until his retirement May 2008.
He frequently appears in the media to comment on EU affairs.
Jens-Peter Bonde emerged from the Danish Left of the 1970s, however he has been on the centre-left for most of the past three decades. In November 2005 he was the inspiration behind the setting up of a new Party at a European level, EUDemocrats. He was its President from 2005 to 2009.
On 25 March 2008, Bonde announced his retirement from the European Parliament. Bonde intended to spend more time encouraging the growth of parties similar to the June Movement in the rest of Europe and building the EUDemocrats. He is also working for referendums on the Treaty of Lisbon. Bonde resigned his seat on 9 May 2008 and was replaced by Hanne Dahl, who was second on the June Movement's list of candidates in the 2004 election. In January 2009 Bonde resigned as President of the EUDemocrats and was succeeded by Sören Wibe.
- 1966: Advanced school-leaving certificate
- 1966–1974: Studied political science at the Aarhus University
- 1963–1983: Member Danish Social Liberal Party's Youth 
- 1974–1979: Editor, Notat
- 1975–1992: Member of the Danish Communist Party
- 1972: Co-founder of the People's Movement against the EU
- 1991: Co-founder of Denmark 92
- 1992: Co-founder, and spokesperson (since 1992) of the June Movement
- 1979–2008: Member of the European Parliament
- 1992–1994: Chairman of the Delegation for relations with Iceland
- 1994–1995 Member of the Tindemans group
- Co-Chairman (1994–1997) and Chairman (1997–1999) of the Europe of Nations Group 
- 1999–2004: Chairman of the Group for a Europe of Democracies and Diversities
- Chairman of the Independence/Democracy Group
- Co-founder of the Intergroup SOS Democracy
- Co-founder of the Intergroup Eurosun
- 1992: Co-founder of TEAM
- 2004: Co-founder of Friends of Clean Accounts, The Referendum Group
- 2005: Co-founder of EUDemocrats – Alliance for a Europe of Democracies, a European political party
- 2007: Co-founder of Foundation for EU Democracy, a Political foundation at European level
- 2009: Advisor to Declan Ganley for the European Election 2009 
- Official website (Danish)
- Personal profile of Jens-Peter Bonde in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Danish)
- Independence/Democracy group in the European parliament
- EUDemocrats – Alliance for a Europe of Democracies
- Reddit AMA with Jens-Peter Bonde dated 14/09/2014
- Artikel in Jyllands-Posten: Bonde retires from the European Parliament: http://jp.dk/arkiv/?id=1301724&eceExpr=%22jens-peter%20bonde%22%22%20/%3E&eceArchive=o
- Bonde's personal profile: "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 4, 2009. Retrieved May 15, 2009.
- Jens-Peter Bonde at EUabc http://en.euabc.com/word/97
- About Jens-Peter Bonde, personal profile: http://www.bonde.com/index.php/bonde_uk/article/C372/
- EUobserver.com Mediakit
- "Bonde to leave the European Parliament". 2008-03-25. Archived from the original on May 17, 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-25.
- "EUROPA-PARLAMENTSVALGET DEN 13. JUNI 2004" (PDF). 2007-08-08. Retrieved 2008-03-25.[dead link]
- Foundation for EU Democracy http://www.ffeud.eu
- Article in Danish – Irsk nej-konge lancerer europæisk parti