14 July 2009
22 June 1961 |
|Political party||Social Democratic Party of Germany|
Early life and career
After graduating from Ruhr University Bochum in 1989, Geier worked as a research assistant to Social Democrat MEP Detlev Samland. From 1992 to 1999 he worked for the executive of the Social Democratic Party, first for the party's leader, Björn Engholm, and then for the deputy leader, Heidemarie Wieczorek-Zeul. Geier stood unsuccessfully for the European Parliament in both 1999 and 2004. He worked as a public relations officer for the North Rhine-Westphalia branch of the SPD from 1999 until 2001. He then spent five years working for Projekt Ruhr GmbH, a regional development agency, before taking up a position at Deloitte in 2006.
Member of the European Parliament, 2009-present
Geier was elected to the European Parliament at his third attempt in 2009.
In addition, he serves as a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime).
- Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR), Alternate Member of the Broadcasting Council
- Profile European Parliament
- "Jens Geier, MdEP" (in German). North Rhine-Westphalia SPD. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Weiß der Geier" (in German). Neue Ruhr Zeitung. 27 May 2009. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Members of the European Parliament on Integrity (Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organized Crime) European Parliament.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|