Hegeler playing for Bayer Leverkusen in 2014
|Date of birth||22 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Cologne, West Germany|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|1998–2004||1. FC Köln|
|2007–2009||Bayer Leverkusen II||38||(5)|
|2009–2010||→ FC Augsburg (loan)||35||(1)|
|2010–2012||→ 1. FC Nürnberg (loan)||65||(4)|
|2014||→ Hertha BSC II||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 June 2015.
He began his career at SV Westhoven in 1993 and moved after two years to SpVgg Porz. He left Porz after three years when he was scouted by 1. FC Köln in 1998. He played six years in Köln's youth team before he moved to Yurdumspor Köln in the German Oberliga in 2004. After one year he left Cologne and moved to VfL Leverkusen. In June 2006 he joined Bayer Leverkusen. He was loaned out to FC Augsburg on 7 January 2009 until the end of the 2009–10 season. In July 2010, he joined 1. FC Nürnberg on a two-season-long loan. Hegeler became a key player in Nürnberg's successful squad and played in every 34 matches of the season. Hegeler returned to Leverkusen at the start of the 2012–13 season.
On 8 May 2014, he signed a three-year contract with Hertha BSC.
- 2007: German A-Youth Champion
- "FCA verpflichtet Abwehrspieler". FCAugsburg.de. 7 January 2009. Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- "Hegeler ist da!". fcn.de. 13 July 2010. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- Potter, Steffen (2 October 2013). "Last-gasp Hegeler helps Leverkusen beat Real". UEFA. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Hegeler zieht es an die Spree". kicker (in German). 8 May 2014. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Jens Hegeler at worldfootball.net
- Jens Hegeler at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Jens Hegeler profile at Soccerway
|This biographical article related to association football in Germany, about a defender born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|