|Member of the Bundestag|
|Assumed office |
|Born||27 September 1962|
Zeitz, East Germany
Early life and education
Since 18 September 2005, Koeppen has been a member of the German Bundestag, representing Uckermark – Barnim I. Between 2005 and 2013, he served as a member of the Committee on the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety. In 2009, Koeppen joined Andreas Scheuer in initiating a cross-party group for the protection of antique cars.
Following the 2013 federal elections, Koeppen moved to the Committee on Economic Affairs and Energy. In addition, he served as chairman of the Committee on the Digital Agenda from 2014 until 2017. He also serves as a member of the Committee for Economic Affairs and Energy as well as of the parliament’s Council of Elders, which – among other duties – determines daily legislative agenda items and assigns committee chairpersons based on party representation.
In addition to his committee assignments, Koeppen is a member of the German-Hungarian Parliamentary Friendship Group and the Berlin-Taipei Parliamentary Circle of Friends.
In the negotiations to form a coalition government under the leadership of Chancellor Angela Merkel following the 2017 federal elections, Koeppen was part of the working group on digital policy, led Helge Braun, Dorothee Bär and Lars Klingbeil.
- Federal Network Agency for Electricity, Gas, Telecommunications, Post and Railway (BNetzA), Member of the Advisory Board
- Rotary International, Member
In June 2017, Koeppen voted against Germany’s introduction of same-sex marriage. Ahead of the Christian Democrats’ leadership election in 2018, he publicly endorsed Friedrich Merz to succeed Angela Merkel as the party’s chair.
- Vita at jens-koeppen.de, access date 5 January 2013
- Oldtimer-Arbeitskreis im Bundestag Focus, May 29, 2009.
- Members of the Advisory Board Federal Network Agency for Electricity, Gas, Telecommunications, Post and Railway (BNetzA).
- Diese Unionsabgeordneten stimmten für die Ehe für alle Die Welt, June 30, 2017.
- Carsten Korfmacher (December 8, 2018), [CDU-Bundesparteitag in Hamburg: Abgeordnete aus dem Nordosten stehen hinter AKK] Nordkurier.