||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jens Kehlet Norskov (born September 21, 1952, in Denmark) is the Leland T. Edwards Professor of Chemical Engineering at Stanford University and Professor of Photon Science at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory. He is also the Director of SUNCAT Center for Interface Science and Catalysis. He is a Danish physicist most notable for his work on theoretical description of surfaces, catalysis, materials, nanostructures, and biomolecules.
Norskov is known for his theoretical work on description of surfaces, catalysis, materials, nanostructures, and biomolecules. His work on computer-based heterogeneous catalysis has in several instances led to the development of new ideas for catalysts for e.g. ammonia synthesis and fuel-cells. He is on the member of the editorial board of several journals such as Journal of Chemical Physics, Computational Science and Discovery, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Industrial Catalysis News, Journal of Catalysis, Catalysis Letters, Surface Science, Surface Review and Letters, Chemical Physics Letters. He is in the list of top 100 chemists released by Thomson Reuters, a list based on the impact of their published research over the years 2000-2010. He has also received an honorary doctorate from the Eindhoven University of Technology and from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
Following his PhD, he served as a research fellow, postdoctoral associate and staff scientist at various institutions – including IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, and Haldor Topsoe. In 1987, Norskov began serving as a research professor at Technical University of Denmark and was named professor of theoretical physics in 1992. In June 2010, he moved to Stanford University to become the Leland T. Edwards Professor of Chemical Engineering and the Director of SUNCAT Center for Interface Science and Catalysis. The focus of the efforts of this center are to develop catalysts that, with the help of sunlight, can convert water and carbon dioxide into liquid fuels.
- Fundamental Concepts in Heterogeneous Catalysis, Jens Norskov, Felix Studt, Frank Abild-Pedersen, Thomas Bligaard.
- Chemical Bonding at Surfaces and Interfaces, edited by Anders Nilsson, Lars G.M. Pettersson, Jens Norskov.
- Fuel Cell Science: Theory, Fundamentals, and Biocatalysis, edited by Andrzej Wieckowski, Jens Norskov.
- "Stanford School of Engineering: Jens Norskov".
- "SLAC Photon Science Faculty".
- "SLAC Today: SUNCAT".
- "Jen's CV"
- "Nørskov receives the Somorjai Award".
- "Cheaper catalysts designed by Computer".
- "Hydrogen production". MSNBC.
- "Top 100 Chemists".
- "TU/e honorary doctorate".
- NTNU's overview of honorary doctorates. La=Norwegian
- "EEAP Conference - Solar Fuels".