This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Residence||Hollywood Hills, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Director, Cinematographer, Scriptwriter|
|Spouse(s)||Elina Fedorova (2015–present)|
Jensen Noen (born ukr. Євген Ножечкін, rus. Евгений Ножечкин, April 20, 1987) is a Los Angeles-based filmmaker, working as a film, commercials and music video director, cinematographer and writer. Originally from Ukraine, Jensen gained notoriety with his early work including the award-winning "Oceans Within Us" and "Blesscode". Since moving to the United States, Jensen has worked with some of the biggest names in entertainment including Khalid, Jay Z, Bryson Tiller, Normani and many others. His latest feature Film, The Perception, has already won awards for Best Feature Film, Best Feature Film Director, Best Thriller and Best Screenplay. Jensen is an honored member of the Ukrainian Film Academy, Union of Filmmakers of Ukraine and the Producers Guild of Ukraine.
Jensen Noen was born in Ukraine, Poltava. In 2009 he moved to Kyev and started his career as a musician in a Down & Dirty rock band as a guitar and keyboard player. He launched his video production career with MTV where he directed several television shows. Working at MTV gave him the opportunity to expand his work into directing commercials and music videos where he collaborated with top Eastern European artists and labels. In 2009, Jensen directed his first short film, "Oceans Within Us", which won two prestigious awards including the Grand Prize for the best short film at the Kyiv International Short Film Festival and Best Short-Length Film of 2011 from the Ukrainian Producer Association and Association of Cinema. His next short film, Blesscode, also won awards for Best Film Script and Best Short Film at industry film festivals. In 2014, Jensen relocated to Los Angeles, California, where he has taken the opportunity to move forward with his career in film, music, and television. He recently completed his first feature film, The Perception, starring the Oscar-nominated Eric Roberts and Nick Bateman. The Perception is expected to debut in 2019.
Music videos and commercials
Jensen has worked with many of music's top talents in Europe and the United States including Jay Z, Bryson Tiller, Khalid, Normani, Maxwell, Duke Dumont, Asking Alexandria, I See Stars, and many others. He received great industry and commercial praise for his video for top Eastern European pop band Ruki Vverh!). As a result of this success, Jensen began to direct videos for RCA, Virgin Records, Roadrunner Records, Atlantic Records, Sumerian Records, and Rise Records. Jensen's success with music videos also led him into opportunities directing and producing commercials.
Films and cinematography
Jensen's career includes numerous short films. Most notably, he directed the award-winning shorts "Oceans Within Us" and "Blesscode" in Europe. Once he moved to the United States he continued his film career with "Observer", which allowed Jensen to blend his love of film and music video. Jensen's film "Gambit", about a character from the Marvel universe, starring Nick Bateman, received outstanding reviews and viral word of mouth that pushed Jensen and Nick into the industry limelight. The success of Gambit led to their next collaboration, The Perception. The Perception, Jensen's first feature-length movie, was selected by numerous international film festivals. The European and Asian theatrical release is anticipated in the beginning of 2019.
The Perception won “Best Feature Film Director” from the ITFF Film & Entertainment Industry, “Best Feature Film Director” and “Best Screenplay” from the South Film and Arts Academy Festival, “Best Trailer” from the Pitch to Screen Film Awards in 2018, Best US made feature film from Prince of Prestige Awards 2018, and Best thriller from Oniros Film Awards 2018.
Scissor Films LLC
Jensen and his partner Sam Malko, launched their own production company, Scissor Films LLC in 2015 handling post-production music video work for artists including Ariana Grande, Busta Rhymes, Lil Uzi, Future, and Steve Aoki.
- 2018 – Best US made feature film - The Perception (Director: Jensen Noen), at Prince of Prestige Awards - Apopka, FL, United States
- 2018 – Best thriller - The Perception (Director: Jensen Noen), at Oniros Film Awards - Aosta, Italy
- 2018 – Best Foreign Feature Film Director for The Perception at ITFF Film & Entertainment Industry
- 2018 – Best Feature Film Director and Best Screenplay for The Perception at the South Film and Arts Academy Festival
- 2018 – Best Trailer for The Perception at Pitch to Screen Film Awards
- 2017 – Honored artist of various arts of Ukraine - Film Director and Producer
- 2017 – Honorary Award for his excellent art level and high viewer interest for Gambit – The Association of Producers of Ukraine
- 2016 – “I See Stars – Calm Snow” - Nomination: Best Music Video of the Year by the version of Alternative Press Music Awards
- 2016 – First-degree diploma, a harmonic realization of music and picture in the film "Observer" and his producer professionalism - The Association of Producers of Ukraine
- 2015 – Short Film Blesscode - Film Festival Winner In the nomination ‘Short film’ at Independent International Internet Short
- 2015 – Honorary Award for best film director and producer - The Association of Producers of Ukraine
- 2014 – Best Producer - Association at Cannes Film Marketplace by the Head of The Association of Producers of Ukraine
- 2013 – Honorary Award for Personal Achievement - Institute of Producing of Ukraine
- 2013 – Short film “Blesscode” - "Best Short Film Script" by the Association of Producers of Ukraine
- 2012 – First Place Amateur Cinema Art - Kyiv Popular Arts Festival
- 2011 – Oceans Within Us - Best short-length film of 2011 by the Ukrainian Producer Association and Association of Cinema
- 2009 – Oceans Within Us, the grand prize winner at Kyiv International Short Film Festival (KISFF)
- "HOW TO CONQUER HOLLYWOOD WITHOUT MONEY, CONNECTIONS & PROMOTERS - Russian Time Magazine". Russian Time Magazine. July 5, 2018. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Team". Асоціація продюсерів України. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Украинский режиссер Дженсен Ноэн представил драму "Восприятие"". Buro. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Український режисер зняв у Голлівуді фільм із номінантом на "Оскар"". The Village Україна. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Video Premiere: ASKING ALEXANDRIA's 'Into The Fire'". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. September 22, 2017. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "I See Stars Debuts Creative Visual for 'Calm Snow': Exclusive Premiere". Billboard. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Я переїхав до Голлівуду і зняв фільм із номінантом на "Оскар"". The Village Україна (in Ukrainian). Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Евгений Ножечкин: "Музыка раскрыла грани моего воображения"". Touch Magazine. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Український режисер зняв для гурту "Руки Вверх" любовний трилер". Depo.ua. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Культовая группа "Руки Вверх" представила суперсовременный клип (9 фото)". ТСН. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- Spry, Jeff (August 7, 2017). "14 X-Men fan films, ranked". Syfy. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "WATCH: New X-Men Gambit Fan Film". Marvel. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Welcome to Hollywood: як українець зняв у США незалежне кіно зі світовими зірками". platfor.ma. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Украинский режиссер в США — о своем новом фильме с Эриком Робертсом и подходах к работе". ForumDaily. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "ผู้ได้รับการเสนอชื่อเข้าชิงรางวัล". International Thai Film Festival. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "SPECIAL AWARDS". South Film and Arts Academy Festival. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Nominees for 2017 APMAs announced—vote now! - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. April 25, 2017. Retrieved October 3, 2018.