||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Jerel Christopher Ifil|
|Date of birth||27 June 1982|
|Place of birth||Wembley, London, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2002||→ Huddersfield Town (loan)||2||(0)|
|2003||→ Swindon Town (loan)||9||(0)|
|2003||→ Swindon Town (loan)||10||(0)|
|2003–2004||→ Swindon Town (loan)||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:56, 9 November 2013 (UTC).
Born in Wembley, Greater London, to a Greek-Cypriot mother and father from the West Indies, Ifil started his career at Watford where he made his debut in the 2002–03 season. Initially, he went on loan to Huddersfield Town where he played four times.
Ifil originally signed for Swindon Town on a three-month loan deal from Watford in January 2003, returning to the club in September later that year where he further impressed, prompting manager Andy King to request Ifil's loan to be extended but this was refused by Watford. However, Ifil returned on another three-month loan just over a week later in January 2004. After a drawn out transfer saga, the two clubs agreed a £70,000 bid for the player, Ifil signed a two-year deal at Swindon in July 2004. By the time of his departure from the club in 2009, he was Swindon's longest serving player.
In August 2009 Ifil appeared as a trialist for Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen in their 1–0 win over Hull City in a testimonial for Dean Windass. He subsequently signed a two-year deal with the club on 12 August 2009. He made his debut in a 3–1 loss to Celtic on the opening day of the 2009–10 SPL season.
On 31 January 2011, Ifil was released by Aberdeen. On 24 February, Ifil signed for Bristol Rovers on non-contract terms until the end of the 2010-2011 season. He was one of seventeen players released by the team in May 2011.
Having trialled with Torquay United earlier in the summer, he signed for Sutton United at the start of September 2012 and then moved to Boreham Wood shortly afterwards. In November 2012 he joined Staines Town, playing for them until December 2014.
- "Aberdeen sign Steven Smith on loan from Norwich". BBC Sport. 31 January 2011. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- "Bristol Rovers complete Ifil deal". BBC News. 24 February 2011.
- "Midfielder Jeff Hughes heads Bristol Rovers exodus". BBC Sport. 23 May 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- "Maison excited by duo signing". Evening Telegraph. 25 July 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2011.
- "Torquay take Jerel Ifil, George Artemi and Carl Baker on trial". BBC Sport. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Player profile". Boreham Wood FC. September 2012. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "Now Ifil joins Staines". Football Conference. 30 November 2012. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "Jerel Ifil departs". Staines Town FC. 30 December 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2015.