|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2017)|
Brandt at Entrepreneurs' Organization
August 24, 1978 |
Jeremy Brandt (born August 24, 1978) is an American technology entrepreneur, commentator, and founder of multiple real estate companies including FastHomeOffer.com and 1-800-CashOffer.
During the dot-com boom, Brandt was active in the Dallas technology community and served as a Director of Infrastructure for the eBusiness consulting company Scient.
After the dot-com bust forced layoffs at Scient, Brandt founded FastHomeOffer.com to link distressed home sellers with qualified cash home buyers.
Brandt founded 1-800-CashOffer to offer marketing, branding and training services to real estate professionals.
We Buy Houses
In 2012 Brandt purchased the company We Buy Houses, widely touted as the most prevalent brand in the world for residential real estate investing. In 2013 he re-launched the company, catering to all aspects of the real estate investor lifecycle.
Brandt is an active member in Entrepreneurs' Organization, a global non-profit for entrepreneurs. He is a board member and has served as President of the Dallas chapter and is a founder of the Fort Worth chapter.
Short Sale Fraud
In 2011, Brandt exposed extensive fraud by banks demanding kickbacks from real estate agents to approve a short sale, threatening to foreclose if they were not paid. The story was covered by CNBC and others. The fraud exposure included recorded phone conversations with bank employees making kick-back demands of real estate agents, and suggesting the payments be made outside of the HUD-1 settlement form, a clear violation of RESPA laws.
- "Selling Homes The Short-er Way". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "We Buy Houses Press Release". Retrieved 6 Jun 2013.
- "EO Dallas Board of Directors". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "EO Fort Worth". Archived from the original on 2012-06-28. Retrieved 3 Apr 2012.
- "Larry King Live: Foreclosures". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "Strategic Mortgage Defaults". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "Experts share home market views". USA Today. May 1, 2008. Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.
- "Big Banks Accused of Short-Sale Fraud". Retrieved 2 Jun 2011.