At the 2006 Dallas Comic Con.
16 February 1945 |
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England, U.K.
Jeremy Bulloch (born 16 February 1945) is an English actor best known for the role of the bounty hunter Boba Fett in the original Star Wars trilogy. He has appeared in numerous British television and film productions, including Doctor Who and Robin of Sherwood.
Bulloch was born in Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England. He trained at Corona Stage Academy. In a career spanning over half a century, he is most famous for his role in Boba Fett's costume in the Star Wars films The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi (the voice was provided by Jason Wingreen originally and in the updated versions Temuera Morrison). Additionally, he plays a minor role as an Imperial officer in The Empire Strikes Back, his only non-masked appearance in the original Star Wars films. Bulloch returned as Boba Fett for the fan film mocumentary: Return of the Ewok. He also has minor roles in three James Bond films, twice playing Smithers, an assistant to Q. In 1962, he starred alongside Cliff Richard in the musical film Summer Holiday.
After several uncredited screen appearances, Bulloch's first regular role was in the 1960 TV series Counter-Attack! and (the same year) The Chequered Flag. He went on to have a recurring role in Billy Bunter of Greyfriars School (1961) and a regular role in The Newcomers (1965–67). He also appeared in two Doctor Who stories, The Space Museum (1965) and The Time Warrior (1973). From 1979-81, he was a regular in the ITV sitcom Agony, in which he played Rob Illingworth, one half of a gay couple.
In recent years, due to the release of the new Star Wars films, he is frequently invited to science fiction conventions throughout the world, and was inducted as an Honorary Member of the 501st Legion costuming organization in May 2002. Later, in November 2009, he actually joined the 501st as a costume-wearing member making appearances with the group as Boba Fett.
In 2004, Bulloch published a limited edition memoir, Flying Solo, which is a humorous account of his personal and professional life, interspersed with tales from the convention circuit. In 2005, he once again made an appearance in a Star Wars film, this time playing Captain Colton in Revenge of the Sith. In 2005, he played the role of "Chairman Skellon" in a stage production of The Trial of Davros. Recently, Bulloch played a small cameo role in Star Wars fan films Order of the Sith: Vengeance and its sequel Downfall - Order of the Sith - alongside David Prowse and Michael Sheard. These fan films were made in England in support of Save the Children.
Bulloch has three sons, ten grandchildren, and lives in London with his wife, Maureen. His half-brother is Robert Watts, who was a producer on The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi and had a cameo as Lieutenant Watts in Return of the Jedi.
|Film or Television Title||Year||Role|
|Carry On Teacher||1959||Schoolboy|
|Spare the Rod||1961||Angell|
|Play It Cool||1962||Joey|
|Doctor Who: The Space Museum||1965||Tor|
|The Virgin and the Gypsy||1970||Leo|
|Mary, Queen of Scots||1971||Andrew|
|Doctor Who: The Time Warrior||1973||Hal|
|O Lucky Man!||1973||Young Man|
|Can You Keep It Up for a Week?||1975||Gil|
|Escape from the Dark||1976||Ginger|
|The Spy Who Loved Me||1977||HMS Ranger Crewman|
|The Empire Strikes Back||1980||Boba Fett|
|For Your Eyes Only||1981||Smithers|
|Return of the Ewok||1982||Boba Fett|
|Return of the Ewok||1983||Boba Fett|
|Return of the Jedi||1983||Boba Fett|
|Robin of Sherwood||1983–85||Edward of Wickham|
|Starhyke||2004||Doctor Yul Striker|
|Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith||2005||Captain Colton|
Bulloch also has a part in a British TV advert for McCarthy and Stone retirement flats.
- "Jeremy Bulloch". The New York Times.
- Sacks, Ethan. "'Return of the Jedi' cast reunites for 'Star Wars' convention in Europe". Daily News (New York).
- McFarlane, 2005, p. 99
- James Lomond (30 May 2014). "14 Doctor Who Actors...In Star Wars!". kasterborous.com. Kasterborous. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- Aaron Broverman (22 March 2011). "Original Boba Fett Jeremy Bulloch on playing Sci-Fi's Ultimate Assassin". news.moviefone.com. Moviefone. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
The international fan organisation The 501st Legion...have made Bullock an honorary member
- Regina Layug Rosero (5 August 2015). "Stormtroopers with heart? Meet the 501st Legion". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
Even some of the actors from the Star Wars movies have joined the 501st Legion, like...Jeremy Bulloch who played the iconic Boba Fett
- Jeremy Bulloch (1 March 2004). Flying Solo: Tales of a Bounty Hunter.
- Cameron K McEwan (11 April 2015). "Doctor Who actors who felt the force in Star Wars". metro.co.uk. Metro News. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- Owen Quinn (5 August 2013). "TW talks to Jeremy Bulloch, the man behind Boba Fett". thetimewarriors.co.uk. Time Warriors. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- Stuart Cummins (25 May 2011). "Iinterview: Robert Watts, Producer of STAR WARS & INDIANA JONES". whatculture.com. What Culture. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Night Traveler". nighttraveler.com. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Lunar Month Entertainment". lunarmoth.com. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
Featured members of the Night Traveler cast include...Jeremy Bulloch
- Eberl, Jason T. and Deker, Kevin S. (2015). The Ultimate Star Wars and Philosophy: You Must Unlearn What You Have Learned. John Wiley & Sons
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeremy Bulloch.|
- Official website
- Jeremy Bulloch at the Internet Movie Database
- Jeremy Bulloch at AllMovie
- Jeremy Bulloch BFI
- Jeremy Bulloch in the Night Traveler series
- Beyond Boba Fett: A Conversation with Jeremy Bulloch at Confessions of a Pop Culture Addict