Chappell playing for Avtodor Saratov in 2016
|No. 21 – New Basket Brindisi|
|Born||June 10, 1987|
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Northwest (Cincinnati, Ohio)|
|College||Robert Morris (2005–2009)|
|NBA draft||2009 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jeremy Lamar Chappell (born June 10, 1987) is an American professional basketball player for New Basket Brindisi of the Lega Basket Serie A (LBA). He played college basketball at Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
A 6'3" swingman from Cincinnati, Ohio, Chappell played college basketball at Robert Morris under coaches Mark Schmidt and Mike Rice. A four-year starter for the Colonials, Chappell led the team to a 24–11 overall record and both regular-season and tournament Northeast Conference (NEC) titles. Chappell emerged as one of the brightest stars in the NEC, averaging 16.7 points and 6.3 rebounds per game on the year and was named the Northeast Conference Player of the Year at the close of the season. In the 2009 NEC Tournament, Chappell scored 15 points in the final, earning tournament MVP honors and sending Robert Morris to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 17 years.
Chappell was not selected in the 2009 NBA draft, instead heading to Poland to play for Znicz Jarosław. He spent the next three seasons playing in Ukraine for Hoverla and Ferro-ZNTU before moving to Russia to play for Triumph Lyubertsy. After averaging 10.8 points and 4.2 points per game in VTB United League play in the 2013–14 season, he signed with Avtodor Saratov for 2014–15.
- Augustine, Bernie (February 18, 2009). "Jeremy Chappell and Robert Morris to take on Wagner this weekend". SILive.com. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- Dunlap, Colin (March 4, 2009). "Chappell, Rice top league's honors list". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Robert Morris Is Headed to NCAA Tournament After Beating Mount St. Mary's With Basket in Final Seconds". Washington Post. March 12, 2009. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- Caporaso, A. (September 16, 2014). "Avtodor signs Jeremy Chappell". Sportando.net. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Happy Casa Brindisi: ufficiale la firma di Jeremy Chappell" [Happy Casa Brindisi: officially signs Jeremy Chappell]. Sportando.basketball (in Italian). August 28, 2018. Retrieved August 28, 2018.