This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||17 February 1971|
|Occupation||Actor, television presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Lydia Metz (m. 2009)|
Jeremy Edwards (born 17 February 1971) is an English actor and television presenter, best known for playing Kurt Benson in Hollyoaks, Danny Shaughnessy Holby City and Mike Taylor in Millie Inbetween as well as being a regular panellist and guest host on The Wright Stuff. He lives in Winchester with his wife Lydia.
Children : 1
Edwards was born in London. He has a degree in 'Politics and Public Administration' from Manchester Metropolitan University, and his previous jobs have included modelling for Armani and Vogue Hommes and a television researcher as well as an accountant. He also delivered burgers on roller skates in Soho and washed up at the canteen at Reading railway station for a week.
In 2007, Edwards was quoted
|“||I was a merchant banker once... walked out within a month... couldn't stand the snobbery, the wine bars, the suits and the Tube in the morning.||”|
Edwards played Kurt Benson in the soap opera, Hollyoaks on Channel 4, from 1995 to 1999 before appearing in the BBC medical drama television serial Holby City, in which he played Danny Shaughnessy from 1999 to 2003.
In 2001, Edwards appeared on Lily Savage's Blankety Blank. In January 2005, Edwards took part in the third series of Celebrity Big Brother. He finished in fourth place, behind Brigitte Nielsen, Kenzie from Blazin' Squad, and the winner, Bez.
On 12 February 2008, he appeared as an armed police inspector named Fraser in the ITV soap opera Emmerdale, who tried to apprehend Sam Dingle after he was seen to have committed an armed robbery and, still possessing the firearm, had gone on the run with his young son, Samson.
He has appeared in several pantomimes, including being in Aladdin at The Hazlitt in Maidstone in 2011. Then in Dick Whittington at The Harlington, in Fleet, Hampshire in 2013. In 2015/16 he will be performing in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves in the Telford pantomime as the Prince.
In 2014, he appeared in Millie Inbetween as Mike. He will appear in the second series.
Edwards married Lydia Metz on 2 May 2009.
Jeremy Edwards has a Boston Terrier whose name is 'Molly'.
- "MMU produces new TV star". www.sci-eng.mmu.ac.uk. 2013. Archived from the original on 19 February 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Newman, Sara (12 January 2007). "The 5-Minute Interview: Jeremy Edwards, Actor". Independent. London. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Lily Savage's Blankety Blank. 8 April 2001. ITV.
- Hemley, Matthew (29 January 2007). "ITV1 to offer sneak previews of Corrie and Emmerdale". www.broadcastnow.co.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Griffin, Angela (6 November 2009). "Angela Griffin: Me And My Friends". blogs.mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Jeremy Edwards on The Wright Stuff Channel 57". YouTube. 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2013-11-24.
- Kilkelly, Daniel; Parker-Williams, Amie (4 October 2013). "'Hollyoaks' Jeremy Edwards on Kurt's shock return: 'I was amazed'". www.digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Cole, Angela (9 December 2011). "Aladdin in Maidstone". www.kentonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Lloyd, Stephen (21 November 2013). "Dick Whittington panto stars get Fleet in the Christmas spirit". www.gethampshire.co.uk. Archived from the original on 19 February 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Jay Rayner [@jayrayner1] (14 May 2015). "Today I'm working with one of the greats: me and @bbc_hacker It's a real 'pinch me' moment" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- McCafferty, Nicola (13 May 2009). "Wedding Exclusive Kian and Jodi". www.ok.co.uk. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Wenn (24 August 2003). "Rachel Stevens Seeing Ex After Split". www.contactmusic.com. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Agility for dogs". www.primarytimes.net. 2010. Retrieved 2 February 2014.