Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell
|Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell|
Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell presenting the pre-premiere for his historical ICON art series in Culver City, California on August 9th, 2009
Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell|
February 3, 1977
Los Angeles, California, US
|Known for||Mixed Media Artist, Documentary Filmmaker, Mixed Martial Athlete|
Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell (born February 3, 1977) is an American contemporary artist and documentary filmmaker based in Los Angeles, California. Corbell is best known for his mixed media art exhibitions that combine art, fashion and film. He is also a photographer, fashion designer, author, mixed martial arts athlete and instructor.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Martial arts career
- 3 Near-fatal illness
- 4 Fine art career
- 5 Notable art exhibitions
- 6 Fashion design
- 7 Film career
- 8 Investigative Film Series
- 9 Public Appearances
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Corbell was born in Los Angeles in 1977.
Martial arts career
Corbell taught Jujitsu and Yoga at the University of California Santa Cruz for many years, developing his own styles of martial and healing arts, Quantum Jujitsu and Warrior Yoga. He has appeared in Black Belt Magazine, Yoga Journal, and others.
At-risk youth Programs
Corbell developed a martial arts and yoga curriculum to provide training for at-risk-youth. This includes a  Juvenile Hall yoga program to incorporate his philosophy of meaningful living with the practical instruction of Warrior Yoga. Following discharge from Juvenile Hall, students continue instruction during and after their probation period.
Film work and demonstrations
Corbell has consulted on films such as I Am Number Four and Bunraku, and for video games such as UFC Undisputed 2010. One of his Jujitsu demonstrations has received over 5.6 million views on YouTube.
While traveling overseas in 2004 to Nepal and India, Corbell contracted a near-fatal respiratory disease called Valley Fever. He lost more than 35 pounds (16 kg), experienced daily fevers, hallucinations and distorted vision. He made it home to be treated by doctors at UCLA. Unable to practice martial arts for over a year due to medical complications, he began creating art.
Fine art career
In 2004, Corbell began secretly harvesting local building demolitions for early-century windows and doors in the Los Angeles area. He began recycling them into art installations. Over the years Corbell has exhibited numerous bodies of work in avant-garde locations, private settings and galleries across the United States. His invitational art events have generated national interest and press.
Notable art exhibitions
Some of the exhibitions by Corbell are as follows:
Death to Life: Corbell disassembled computers and embedded them into vintage doors and windows harvested from local Los Angeles demolitions. The pieces were distributed throughout the Los Angeles area and showed rotating imagery and sounds from his travels in Nepal and India.
Factory Girl Exhibition: In coordination with a pre-premiere of the Factory Girl (2006 film), Corbell exhibited an original body of work as part of a comparative exhibition with a series of privately owned Andy Warhol paintings.
ICON: Life Love & Style of Sharon Tate: In honor of the 40th anniversary of Sharon Tate's passing, with the blessing of the Tate family he created a 350-piece historic art exhibition celebrating Sharon Tate's style and life. The art and fashion based exhibition showcases images of her wardrobe by designers such as Christian Dior, Thea Porter, Ossie Clark and Yves Saint Laurent.
Strange Love: An artistic collaboration between Corbell and Katrina Bea held in historic downtown Los Angeles. The body of work included assemblage works, paintings, photography, film and fashion.
Bunraku Art Experience: Chateau Marmont: Held at the Chateau Marmont (Penthouse 64) in Hollywood California, Corbell hosted a one night only art installation for the cast of the Bunraku (film) by Director Guy Moshe. In lieu of a premiere, Corbell's art exhibition revealed images and art pieces of Demi Moore, Josh Hartnett, Woody Harrelson, Ron Perlman and Kevin McKidd.
In the Summer of 2010, Corbell launched his art-apparel line called ICON Apparel. A collaboration with Five Four Clothing's Creative Director Andres Izquieta, ICON Apparel was inspired by Corbell's mixed media art. Each piece was hand-touched and autographed by the artist. The line launched at Fred Segal in Santa Monica California and was limited edition.
Corbell has made a number of experimental and documentary films, including:
- Lost Vegas (short), which follows six characters in Las Vegas through the night of May 21, 2011, the supposed "night of Rapture" the "end of the world" as predicted by certain religious sects. Additional films by Corbell include:
- Immaculate Deception, on the subject of the “Godfather of Conspiracy" and ex-CIA operative, John Lear (disinherited heir to the Lear Jet aviation empire)
- Patient Seventeen, about a surgeon, the late Dr. Roger Leir, who claimed to remove nanotechnology microchips embedded by aliens monitoring the earth.
- Truth Embargo, in which a journalist, a historian and an activist attempt to prove that “we are not alone”.
- The Anonymous Interview, highlighting an alleged ex-CIA operative who claims, through his military and intelligence career, to have been exposed to realities and technologies of an extraterrestrial nature.
- Nano Man: Utility Fog, in which a military-funded Nanophysicist claims to possess a mysterious meta-material created by another intelligence
- Hunt for the Skinwalker, based on a book by George Knapp and Dr. Colm Kelleher, and distributed by The Orchard, focusing on Skinwalker Ranch.
- Lazar, a short film based mainly on claims by Bob Lazar that he back-engineered Alien Spacecraft from another world for the United States Military at a secret base called S-4 (near Area 51).
Investigative Film Series
In 2015, Corbell launched his Investigative Film Series titled, "EXTRAORDINARY BELIEFS by Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell". Corbell explores the beliefs of people deep within the aerospace, military, conspiracy, extraterrestrial and underworld communities. Topics include; Advanced nano-technology, non-lethal weaponry, off world technologies, space travel and extraterrestrial contact.
In promotion of the 2015 International UFO Congress, Corbell went on the Fox News Channel with anchor John Hook for a 24-minute, un-edited interview to discuss the UFO topic. Corbell maintained that, “To believe we are the only life in the Universe, is a monumental lack of imagination”.
- "Martial Arts Biography - Jeremy Corbell". Usadojo.com. Archived from the original on 2011-01-14. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Radiant Source: Cultivating Warrior Consciousness (9781434802217): Jeremy Corbell: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Santa Cruz County Office of Education: Student & Personnel Services Division - Alternative Education Programs". Santacruz.k12.ca.us. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- WARRIOR YOGA. Black Belt Magazine. October 2004. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- Roman, Caroline M. "New Josh Hartnett / Demi Moore film 'BUNRAKU' tries an artistic approach to publicity at Chateau Marmont". The Daily Truffle. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Quantum Jujitsu demo with Sensei Jeremy Corbell". Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Flavia Colgan: ICON: The life and Love of an Accidental Artist". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Stripping Away the Las Vegas Strip". Bunker Hill Magazine. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Press". Jeremycorbell.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Death To Life". Jeremycorbell.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Coast to Coast AM". CoasttoCoastam.com. Retrieved 2015-01-25.
- "Factory Girl Screening and Party | Splash Magazines | Los Angeles". Lasplash.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Corbell". Thpfashion.wordpress.com. 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Restoring Sharon Tate". latimes.com. 2009-08-09. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Strange Love". Bunker Hill Magazine. Retrieved 2012-05-07.
- "Check Out Some Images From the 'Bunraku' Art Experience". iamROGUE.com. Archived from the original on 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Blog". ICON APPAREL. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Lost Vegas on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Off-World Implants with Jeremy Corbell". Off-World Implants with Jeremy Corbell | Stuff They Don't Want You to Know. 2017-10-27. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "The Orchard Picks Up 2 UFO Docs (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Extraordinary Beliefs". JKLC Productions.com. Retrieved 2015-01-20.
- "2015 International UFO Congress". IUFOC. Retrieved 2015-02-21.
- "2015 International UFO Congress" (PDF). IUFOC. Retrieved 2015-02-21.
- "FOX News Phoenix". FOX News Phoenix. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- Official art website
- ICON Apparel
- Lost Vegas Movie
- Immaculate Deception Movie
- Patient Seventeen Movie
- The Anonymous Interview Movie
- Truth Embargo Movie
- Nano Man: Utility Fog Movie
- Lazar: Cosmic Whistleblower Movie
- Hunt For The Skinwalker Movie
- Extraordinary Beliefs by Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell
- Quantum Jujitsu
- Warrior Yoga
- Accidental Artist – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrU2AVQ328
- ICON photo-shoot – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBH7j3zOUWI
- Documentary interview about Sharon Tate – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097qgW68tpA
- Documentary interview about Corbell's artistic process – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrQdaMqp3ew
- KTLA News interview – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmp6RU3ezbg
- Filmmaker Manuel Reta interviews Corbell – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt7Se_a3kT8
- Corbell's speech at ICON pre-premiere – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_DX1hnoJCA
- Interview by Sean Stone about Corbell's film Immaculate Deception – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsfQ7bm0KqE
- FOX News Interview – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnwoZk6dr0I
- Reuben Report Interview – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ekYABYKHw
Articles & Reviews
- LA Confidential Magazine - http://la-confidential-magazine.com/channels/home-page/insights/an-art-show-for-bunraku
- KCAL News - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOj4u68lZO4
- Daily Truffle - http://thedailytruffle.com/blog/2011/09/new-josh-hartnett-demi-moore-film-tries-an-artistic-approach-to-publicity-bunraku-also-stars-woody-harrelson-directed-by-guy-moshe/
- OpenMinds - http://www.openminds.tv/film-documents-research-alien-implant-doctor-roger-leir/26587
- ToTheStars Media - http://tothestars.media/blogs/news/18666149-jiu-jitsu-sensei-turned-ufo-filmmaker-wants-to-weaponize-your-curiosity#