Kerley with the TCU Horned Frogs
|No. 11 New York Jets|
|Date of birth:||November 8, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Austin, Texas|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight:||188 lb (85 kg)|
|High school:||Hutto (Hutto, Texas)|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 5 / Pick: 153|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Jeremy Dashon Kerley (born November 8, 1988) is an American football wide receiver and punt returner for the New York Jets of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Jets in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at TCU.
Kerley attended Hutto High School in Hutto, Texas, where he was a letterman in four sports, Kerley took his high school football team to the state finals in 2005 where he and his team faced Tatum and lost by a mere 3 points despite a great game performance by Kerley. His letterman included football and baseball. He played pitcher and centerfielder in baseball. At quarterback, Kerley led his football team to its first state championship game as a junior.
Also a standout track athlete, Kerley was one of the state's top performers in the jumping events. He was a three-time state finalist in the triple jump. He qualified for the state track meet in the long jump (7.26 m) and triple jump (14.76 m), winning silver medals in both events. He was also a member of the 4x100m and 4x400m relay teams.
He was recruited by the University of Texas and Stanford University to play baseball, and by the University of Oklahoma to play football, but ultimately decided to play college football for Texas Christian University.
Kerley was converted to wide receiver and return specialist at TCU after playing at quarterback in high school. Following the 2009 season, Kerley was named Mountain West Conference Special Teams Player of the Year after breaking the conference record for punt return yards in a season with 563 yards. He had ten touchdown catches, one touchdown pass, and two rushing touchdowns in 2010. He ranked second in the nation in punt returns and third in the nation in kickoff returns.
He was named the Mountain West Conference Special Teams Player of the Year for the second consecutive year in 2010, as well as second-team All-Mountain West honors at wide receiver. Kerley was one of three finalists in 2010 for the Paul Hornung Award, which honors the most versatile college football player in the nation.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 9½ in||189 lb||4.56 s||1.58 s||2.63 s||3.99 s||6.70 s||34½ in||10 ft 0 in||16 reps|
|Shuttle and 3-cone values from Pro Day workout on March 11, all other values from 2011 NFL Scouting Combine.|
New York Jets (2011-present)
Kerley was selected with the 153rd pick in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the New York Jets. He caught his first career touchdown pass from Mark Sanchez against the New England Patriots on October 9, 2011.
During the home opener against the Buffalo Bills on September 9, 2012, Kerley got his first career punt return touchdown. After Tim Tebow requested to be removed from the wildcat formation, Kerley took his place, and threw a 42-yard pass, though the Jets lost to the San Diego Chargers 17-27.
On October 21, Kerley Agreed to a 4 year, $16 million contract extension with $5.4 million guaranteed.
|Year||Team||Games||Receptions||Targets||Receiving Yards||Yards per Reception||Longest Reception||Receiving Touchdowns||First Downs||Fumbles||Fumbles Lost|
Kerley's parents are Charlotte and Donald Kerley and Kerley has a son, Dae'shon. Kerley is married to Kristal Juarez.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- Bennett, Brian (December 30, 2010), TCU's Jeremy Kerley can do it all, ESPN, archived from the original on May 1, 2011, retrieved April 16, 2011
- Watson, Graham (January 3, 2010). "TCU's Kerley is thinking about baseball". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- Adelson, Andrea (November 2, 2010). "TCU, Utah feature top special teams". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- Watson, Graham (December 1, 2009). "TCU dominates all-MWC team". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- Adelson, Andrea (March 4, 2011). "Non-AQ Top 25 Players: No. 12". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- Adelson, Andrea (November 30, 2010). "Andy Dalton headlines MWC awards". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- Jeremy Kerley, NFL Draft Scout, archived from the original on May 1, 2011, retrieved April 16, 2011
- Lange, Randy (April 30, 2011). "Jets Trade Up in Round 5, Take WR Kerley". New York Jets. Archived from the original on May 1, 2011. Retrieved May 1, 2011.
- Hanzus, Dan (2012-12-23). "Tim Tebow reportedly asks out of Jets' Wildcat". National Football League. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- "Jeremy Kerley Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 7 February 2014.