|Full name||Jeremy William Lloyds|
17 November 1954|
|Bowling||Right-arm off break|
|Domestic team information|
|1983-1988||Orange Free State|
|Tests umpired||5 (2004–2005)|
|ODIs umpired||18 (2000–2006)|
|T20Is umpired||1 (2005)|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 15 January 2014
Jeremy William Lloyds (born 17 November 1954) is an English cricket umpire.
Lloyds was on the groundstaff (MCC Young Cricketer) at Lord's Cricket Ground before joining Somerset County Cricket Club. Lloyds later played for Gloucestershire County Cricket Club and Orange Free State. A left-handed batsman and a right-arm offbreak bowler, Lloyds played 267 first-class matches scoring 10679 runs at an average of 31.04 with 10 hundreds and 62 fifties. His top score was 132 not out. He also took 229 catches. With the ball in first-class cricket he took 333 wickets at an average of 38.86 with 13 five-wicket hauls and one ten-wicket haul. His best bowling in first-class cricket was 7/88.
Lloyds made his first-class umpiring debut in 1996 and graduated to county cricket in 1998. He progressed to international level in 2000, when he umpired his first one-day international match. In his first ball as an umpire at Test level he gave out a Bangladeshi batsman leg before wicket. Lloyds was a member of the International Cricket Council International Panel of Umpires and Referees between 2004 and 2006 when he stepped down from international cricket due to family reasons in 2006.
- List of Test cricket umpires
- List of One Day International cricket umpires
- List of Twenty20 International cricket umpires
- "Players and Officials – Jeremy Lloyds". Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- "History – The next 100 years of Taunton Rugby". Taunton RFC. Retrieved 6 March 2009.[dead link]
- Struthers, Greg (24 September 2006). "Caught in time: Somerset win the Benson & Hedges Cup, 1981". London: The Sunday Times. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- "Players – Jeremy Lloyds". Cricketarchive.com. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- Sloot, Theo. "Stars in their bars – Jeremy Lloyds". Oxford Wine Company. Archived from the original on 3 December 2008. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- "Jeremy Lloyds as Umpire in First-Class Matches". Cricketarchive.com. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- "International Umpires Panel". England and Wales Cricket Board. 7 April 2006. Archived from the original on 14 February 2012. Retrieved 6 March 2009.