|Full name||Jeremy Daniel Lusk|
|Nickname(s)||Pitbull, Big L|
November 26, 1984|
San Diego, California
|Died||February 9, 2009
San José, Costa Rica
|Event(s)||Freestyle Moto-X, Best Trick|
- 2008 X Games Mexico gold, X Games Moto X Best Trick silver, X Games freestyle Gold
- 2008 X Games: Moto X Best Trick, Silver; Moto X Freestyle, Gold
- 2008 Red Bull X Fighters, 3rd
- 2008 Moto X Freestyle, Bronze
- 2008 AST Dew Tour, 3rd
On February 9, 2009, Lusk crashed while attempting to land a "Hart Attack Indian Air Backflip" (after Carey Hart who initiated it, see "Evolution of the backflip" in freestyle motocross) in the X Knights motocross competition in San José, Costa Rica, he under-rotated the flip, causing his front wheel to strike the landing. Lusk was ejected head-first and sustained catastrophic brain damage. Doctors performed an unsuccessful five-hour surgery at Rafael Ángel Calderón Guardia Hospital in San José in an attempt to save his life. He entered into cardiac and respiratory failure and died the next day.
- Lynch, Cheryl. "FMX Jeremy Lusk Dies in Costa Rica". Metal Mulisha. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Lynch, Cheryl (untitled press release), 2009-02-09, retrieved 2009-02-11
- Jimenez, Marianela, Freestyle motocross racer Jeremy Lusk dies, Associated Press, 2009-02-10, retrieved 2009-02-10
- Freestyle motocross racer Jeremy Lusk dies, San Diego Union-Tribune. 2009-02-10, retrieved 2009-02-10
- Jeremy Lusk hardly forgotten, still 'on the ride of his life'
- Higgins, Matt. "Some X Games Bad Boys Turn to the Bible". nytimes.com. Retrieved 1 August 2009.
- R.I.P. Jeremy Lusk 11/26/1984 - 02/9/2009 Grind TV blog, retrieved 2009-02-10