Jeremy Miller (politician)
|Member of the Minnesota Senate
from the 28th district
January 4, 2011
|Preceded by||Sharon Erickson Ropes|
February 9, 1983 |
|Political party||Republican Party of Minnesota|
|Alma mater||Southeast Technical College|
|Occupation||small business owner, legislator|
Jeremy R. Miller (born February 9, 1983) is a Minnesota politician and member of the Minnesota Senate. A member of the Republican Party of Minnesota, he represents District 28, which comprises parts of Fillmore, Houston, and Winona counties in the southeastern part of the state.
Miller is married to Janel (Ellinghuysen) and the couple have three children: Drew, Luke, and Tom.
Miller is a small business owner, and the chief financial officer of Wm. Miller Scrap Iron and Metal Co. in Winona, a family-owned and operated recycling business that dates back to 1910. Miller and his two brothers, Todd and Willie, are the fourth generation of their family to be involved in the business and work together with their father and employees.
He is a director on the Winona State University Warrior Club Board and Saint Mary’s University athletic advisory board. He also serves as vice president of the Morrie Miller Athletic Foundation, an organization that has been instrumental in supporting and sustaining youth athletics. He is a member of the Winona Area Chamber of Commerce and Minnesota State College – Southeast Technical Alumni Association. In addition, Miller serves on the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) Service Corp. Board of Directors, based in Washington, DC.
- "Jeremy Miller for State Senate". Friendsformiller.com. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- "Legislator Record - Miller, Jeremy R". Minnesota Legislators Past & Present. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- "Scrap Metal Buyers, Buy Scrap Metal, Metal Buyers - Miller Scrap – Four Generations of Recycling". www.millerscrap.com.
- "Morrie Miller Athletic Foundation - Benefiting Winona Area Youth Athletics". www.morriemiller.org.
- "Jeremy Miller for State Senate | Winona, MN 55987". Friendsformiller.com. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- "RIOS™ Appoints Two New Members to its Board of Directors". www.isri.org.
- Jeremy Miller at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
- Senator Jeremy Miller official Minnesota Senate website
- Senator Jeremy Miller official campaign website
- RIOS News Release - New Board Members
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Jeremy Miller Profile
- Winona Daily News Editorial - August 25, 2009: "Reform and reason"