|Born||1962 (age 53–54)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Alma mater||Ryerson University|
Jeremy Podeswa (born 1962) is a Canadian film and television director. He is best known for directing the films The Five Senses (1999) and Fugitive Pieces (2007). He has also worked as Director on the television shows Six Feet Under, Nip/Tuck, The Tudors, Queer as Folk, and the HBO World War II miniseries The Pacific. He has also written several films.
In 2014 he directed episodes five and six of the fifth season of the HBO series Game of Thrones, earning a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series for the latter episode. He will additionally direct the first two episodes of the show's sixth season.
Jeremy Podeswa was born in 1962 in Toronto, Ontario. His father was a Polish Jewish painter, and the only one of his immediate family to make it out of the German Nazi camps alive. Podeswa graduated from Ryerson University's Film Studies program and the American Film Institute's Center for Advanced Film Studies (now the AFI Conservatory). He is openly gay.
- List of Podeswa's directed television shows
|2001-2004||Queer as Folk||4 episodes|
|2001||The Chris Isaak Show|
|2001-2005||Six Feet Under||5 episodes|
|2003||Nip/Tuck||2 episodes (season 3)|
|2004||The L Word||1 episode|
|2005||Into the West||1 episode|
|2005||Commander in Chief||1 episode|
|2007||John from Cincinnati||1 episode|
|2007-2010||The Tudors||8 episodes|
|2010||The Pacific||3 episodes (co-directed 1 episode)|
|2010-2014||Boardwalk Empire||7 episodes|
|2011||The Borgias||3 episodes|
|2011||True Blood||1 episode|
|2012||American Horror Story: Asylum||1 episode|
|2012-2013||The Newsroom||2 episodes|
|2013||The Walking Dead||1 episode|
|2013||Ray Donovan||1 episode|
|2014||American Horror Story: Coven||1 episode|
|2015||Game of Thrones||2 episodes ("Kill the Boy", "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken")
Nominated – Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series
|2015||True Detective||1 episode|
|1983||David Roche Talks to You About Love|
|1985||The Revelations of Becka Paulson|
|1985||In the Name of Bobby|
|1999||The Five Senses||Won – Genie Award for Best Achievement in Direction
Won – Genie Award for Best Motion Picture
- Jeremy Podeswa, "But as he developed his craft, being Jewish wasn’t something he felt he needed to incorporate into television and film projects."
- HBO. "Six Feet Under cast and crew". Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- HBO. "Jeremy Podeswa on The Pacific". Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- "Game of Thrones Season 5: What We Know So Far". Watchers On The Wall. 1 August 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- Scott, Alec (September 2007), "The Prodigal Son", Toronto Life, retrieved 19 March 2008
- "Jeremy Podeswa" Canadian Film Encyclopedia. Retrieved 16 August 2011
- Allon, Yoram; Cullen, Del; Patterson, Hannah (2002), Contemporary North American Film Directors, Wallflower Press, p. 425, ISBN 1-903364-52-3
- "Sundown at Sundance & More", PlanetOut.com, 1 February 2000, archived from the original on 19 October 2003, retrieved 19 March 2008
- "Jeremy Podeswa", Northern Stars, archived from the original (– Scholar search) on 28 October 2007, retrieved 15 March 2008[dead link]