Jeremy "ShoeMoney" Schoemaker (born May 31, 1974) is a web entrepreneur, founder of NextPimp.com, ShoeMoney Media and PAR Program, and co-founder of the AuctionAds service. He is a frequent speaker at search engine marketing and affiliate conferences. He also co-founded the Elite Retreat, an annual industry expert conference, with Lee Dodd.
Slate stated on October 1, 2008 that blogger Shoemoney had become famous when he posted his picture with a $132,994.97 cheque he had received from Google AdSense for just one month's worth of clicks.
Education and career
While in attendance at Western Illinois University, Schoemaker founded his first business, making Macintosh gaming sites. At its peak, NextPimp.com saw an average of 150,000 unique views per day. Schoemaker also started his blog, ShoeMoney, in 2003, in which he journals about how to make a living from the Internet, including direct ad sales and affiliate marketing. ShoeMoney's blog was named Best Affiliate Marketing Blog of 2006 by Search Engine Journal. In 2010, Schoemaker won Fast Company's Influence Project, getting more than 500,000 clicks by tapping into his online followers.
In March 2007, Shoemaker and his business partner David Dellanave launched AuctionAds, an eBay affiliate service that allows users to display live eBay auctions on their websites. The service was named the "eBay Most Innovative Application-Buyer" at the 6th annual eBay Developers Conference. In July 2007, Schoemaker sold his majority ownership in AuctionAds to the performance marketing company MediaWhiz for 17 million dollars.
In 2012, Schoemaker founded PAR (People Acquisition and Retention) Program, a monthly subscription service for e-commerce websites. GoSocial, an international media marketing company, acquired PAR Program for $12 million in 2015.
On April 7, 2009, ShoeMoney Media Group filed suit against Keyen Farrell, a Google Adwords account specialist, to protect the ShoeMoney Trademark. Farrell was affiliated with a website using the term "shoemoney" in its advertisements without authorization from the ShoeMoney Media Group. In June 2009, Farrell countersued Schoemaker for defamation of reputation. Farrel withdrew his counter-suit in July and the case was settled in August 2009.
Schoemaker routinely raises money for charity by hosting an auction in which he agrees to wear the winning company's branded T-shirt exclusively to an Affiliate Summit event. He began hosting these auctions in 2009, and has since raised over $80,000.
- ShoeMoney Blog, About
- Soderlin, Barbara (January 16, 2013). "'Shoemoney' has made a bundle, sure, but now he's building 'a real company'". Omaha World Herald. Archived from the original on February 16, 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Personal Branding, Interview Jeremy Schoemaker
- "The Elite Retreat Brings its Innovative E-Commerce Power to San Francisco". January 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-11-14. Retrieved 2007-11-15.
the Elite Retreat, founded by Jeremy "Shoemoney" Schoemaker and Lee Dodd ...CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- slate.com, Blogging for Dollars, How do bloggers make money?
- Entrepreneurs-Journey.com (Archived), Podcast: How did Jeremy "Shoemoney" Schoemaker Get To Where He Is Today?
- Baker, Loren (January 5, 2007). "Shoemoney : Best Affiliate Marketing Blog of 2006". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved 2007-11-15. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Borden, Mark (November 1, 2010). "Measuring Influence One Click at a Time". Fast Company. Retrieved 2012-11-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- AuctionAds, eBay affiliate listings on auctions
- MediaWhiz Blog, MediaWhiz Division AuctionAds Win eBay Star Developer Award for "Most Innovative Application-Buyer
- Gonzalez, Nick (July 27, 2007). "MediaWhiz Buys Another Ad Startup, AuctionAds". TechCrunch.com. Retrieved 1 November 2007. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ""ShoeMoney" switches focus, sets sights on building software startup". Silicon Prairie News. Retrieved 23 November 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Pendell, Ryan. "ShoeMoney's PAR Program acquired by GoSocial for $12 million". Silicon Prairie News. Retrieved 23 November 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Media Group Files Suit to Protect ShoeMoney Trademark
- Kincaid, Jason (8 June 2009). "Google Employee Countersues ShoeMoney for Defamation". TechCrunch.com. Retrieved 1 November 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kincaid, Jason (8 August 2009). "ShoeMoney Reaches Settlement with Google Employee Over AdWords Violations". TechCrunch.com. Retrieved 1 November 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- AffiliateTip Blog, ShoeMoney Raises $10,100 For Charity
- Jenise Uehara Henrikson (January 15, 2013). "Shoemoney Hits the $80,000 Mark for Charity". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved 1 February 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Performance Marketing Insider, Jeremy Schoemaker Information