|Born||August 8, 1975
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Jeremy Scott is an American fashion designer.
Scott was born in 1975 in Kansas City, Missouri. He attended the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, for fashion design. He started his career in the late 1990s working with Björk for her Homogenic tour and showing in Paris Fashion Week. Vogue called his spring 2000 ready-to-wear show "a witty reply to all his detractors, who had accused him in the past of producing outlandish clothing that no one would wear."
In June 2008, Adidas launched a collaboration collection of footwear and apparel by Scott. The wing high-tops and teddy-bear shoes are popular with hip-hop stars as well as with the general fashion public. The first collaboration between Scott and Adidas was in 2002 for the "!Signed" project, for which Scott created a silk jacquard with a motif of money scattered around with his own likeness replacing that of George Washington. The design was on the Adidas classic high top model, the Forum, which has a velcro strap around the ankle. The shoe was handmade in the Adidas factory in Scheinfeld, Germany. There were only 100 pairs made, 50 went to Scott and 50 went to Adidas followed by Adicolor Collab with Adidas + Keith Haring.[clarification needed]Jeremy Scott, Nicki Minaj, Sky Ferreira and 2NE1 star in Adidas campaign, the diverse group is labeled "tastemakers ." Backup dancers for Madonna in the Super Bowl halftime show wore Jeremy Scott track suits for Adidas Originals. Jeremy Scott debuts first fragrance for Adidas fragrane for Adidas on Feb 1,2015 in a glass replica of Scott's iconic Adidas winged sneakers. It comes in a small adidas Originals shoe box and is created by Coty Inc.
In October 2013 Scott became Moschino's Creative Director, Showing his first Moschino Collection in fall 2014. Jeremy Scott's first Moschino fragrance called Moschino Toy, is a unisex scent that looks like a teddy bear.
Jeremy Scott Collections
"Jeremy Scott proved once again that he has the ability to turn out chic, salable clothers and still maintain an independent spirit." Rihanna wears Jeremy Scott denim runway look in the "We Found Love" music video. The retro-futuristic stewardess frock worn by Britney Spears in her "toxic" video is by Jeremy Scott.
In June 2012, Adidas decided that a pair of sneakers designed by Scott called the JS Roundhouse Mids would not be sold after the shoes were criticised for their apparent resemblance to shackles and allusion to slavery. Scott denied that the shoes had anything to do with slavery, stating it was a reference to the children's toy My Pet Monster.
Super Bowl XLIX
Jeremy Scott: The People's Designer
An upcoming film detailing the life of Scott and his rise in the fashion industry. It is set to be released in September 2015. It will feature appearances by Jared Leto, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rita Ora, Paris Hilton, Nicky Hilton and Chaerin Lee. It is directed by Vlad Yudin.
- William van Meter (30 November 2011). "Jeremy Scott, Fashion's Last Rebel". The New York Times. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
"New York Fashion Week Fall 2012: Jeremy Scott logs on to the '90s". The Los Angeles Times. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
Drew Grant (15 February 2012). "Backstage at Jeremy Scott’s Fashion Week Show: Bart Simpson, Vicodin, and Missing iPads". The New York Observer. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
Leslie Price (12 March 2012). "Racked.com". Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "Jeremy Scott goes Punk for Adidas". WWD. 26 September 2008. Retrieved 28 April 2013.
- "Lil Wayne First to wear Jeremy Scott x Adidas teddy bear sneakers". Style.mtv.com. 4 January 2011. Retrieved 28 April 2013.
- "Sneaker Freaker Museum". Sneakerfreaker.com. 1 January 2008. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
"Jeremy Scott for Adidas". Vogue Italia. 2 January 2013. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
"Adidas Originals Jeremy Scott Interview". Hypebeast,com. 26 February 2009. Retrieved 28 April 2013.
- Mau, Dllani,"Watch Nicki ,Jeremy Scott,Sky Ferreira and 2ne1 in new Adidas Campaign"fashionista.com.2012-5-31.http://fashionista.com/2012/08/watch-nicki-minaj-jeremy-scott-sky-ferreira-and 2ne1-star-in-new-adidas-campaign/
- Henning,Kristen "Jeremy Scott talks Madonna".WWD.com. 2012-1-23. http://www.wwd.com/footwear-news/people/fn-spy-jeremy-scott-talkis-madonna=wu-on-the-red-carpet-5695599.
- VanLameweede,Inez,Matadin,Vinoodh. "Jeremy Scott debuts first fragrance for Adidas".Buro 24/7,Jan 9 2015,www.buro247.com/me/beauty/news/jeremy-scott-adidas-fragrance.
- Zargani,Luisa "Moschino Names Jeremy Scott Creative Director". WWD. 29 October 2013.
- Mau, Dhani. "Jeremy Scott's first Moschino fragrance is a Teddy Bear". fashionista.com/2014/11/moschino-toy,Nov 10,2014.
- Limnander, Armond. "2000 Fall Ready to wear". style.com
- Wilson, Gaby. "Rihanna wears Jeemy Scott denim Runway look in"We Found Love'Music Video". Style.mtv.com. 2011-9-29.http://style.mtv.com/2011/09/29/rihanna-we-found-love-video.
- Dellicarpini, Gregory Jr. "Jeremy Scott Behind the Seams". Billboard.com.2012-9-15. http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-hook/482512/jeremy-scott-behind-the-seams.
- "Jeremy Scott’s Controversial ‘Shackle’ Sneakers Won’t Be Sold - The Cut". Nymag.com. 19 June 2012. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
"Adidas cancels 'shackle' shoes after outcry". CNN. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Jessica Vince (20 June 2012). "Jeremy Scott Responds To Adidas Shoe Controversy: 'My work has always been inspired by cartoons'". Grazia. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
Kamer, Foster (2 February 2013). "The Actual Inspiration for Jeremy Scott’s Not-’Racist’ Adidas Sneakers: My Pet Monster". New York Observer. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Escobedo, Julianne (21 February 2013). "Did Jeremy Scott Rip Off Legendary Skateboard Artist Jimbo Phillips?". Spin. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
"Santa Cruz Skateboards Accuse Jeremy Scott of Plagiarism". Huh. magazine. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
Fischer, David (23 February 2013). "Santa Cruz Skateboards Confirms that Jim Phillips Was Plagiarized by Jeremy Scott". Highsnobiety.com. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Wallace Baine (22 February 2013). "Designer Jeremy Scott accused of plagiarizing work of Santa Cruz artists Jim and Jimbo Phillips". Santa Cruz Sentinel. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
"Jeremy Scott and Santa Cruz Skateboards Reach Settlement Over Plagiarism Claims". HypeBeast.com. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- Mariana Leung (2 February 2015). "Katy Perry's Super Bowl Style". Ms. Fabulous. Retrieved 2 February 2015.