David Jeremy Wilkin
6 June 1930
|Died||19 December 2017 (aged 87)|
|Alma mater||Royal Academy of Dramatic Art|
|Years active||1950 – 2002|
David Jeremy Wilkin (6 June 1930 – 19 December 2017) was an English actor, best known for his contributions to the television productions of Gerry Anderson.
Returning to Britain in the mid-1960s, Wilkin provided the voice of Virgil Tracy for the second series of Thunderbirds following the departure of the character's original voice actor, David Holliday, in 1965. In 1968 he provided the voice of Captain Ochre, the original Captain Black and many supporting characters for Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. He was also a recurring cast member for the live-action series UFO. Other Gerry Anderson credits include Joe 90 and The Secret Service.
Wilkin played one of the leads in the 1965 TV sci-fi series Undermind as Drew Heriot, a personnel manager inadvertently drawn into a sinister plot to control human minds and sow discord in society.
Fans of Doctor Who will remember his performance as Kellman in the 1975 serial Revenge of the Cybermen and also his appearance as the Federation agent Dev Tarrant in the first episode of Blake's 7, "The Way Back". Wilkin's other TV credits include Dixon of Dock Green, Man in a Suitcase, New Scotland Yard, Softly, Softly: Taskforce, The New Avengers, and Reilly, Ace of Spies. Wilkin died in December 2017 at the age of 87.
|1965||Curse of the Fly||Inspector Ronet||(credited as Jeremy Wilkins)|
|1966||Thunderbirds Are Go||Virgil Tracy / Space Exploration Center President||Voice|
|1967||The Dirty Dozen||Sergeant at Command Post||Uncredited|
|1968||The Strange Affair||P.C. Wills|
|1968||Thunderbird 6||Virgil Tracy / Hogarth||Voice|
|1977||The Spy Who Loved Me||Captain Forsyth||Uncredited|
|1979||Meetings with Remarkable Men||Artillery Officer|
|1986||The Climb||Albert Bitterling|
|1986||Hyper Sapien: People from Another Star||Hyper Sapien Leader|
- Bentley, Chris (2001). The Complete Book of Captain Scarlet. London: Carlton Books. p. 27. ISBN 978-1-84222-405-2.
- "Why was David Holliday replaced with Jeremy Wilkin as the voice of Virgil Tracy?". tvcentury21.com.
- "Jeremy Wilkin joins the guest list!".
- "Onset of Fear (1965)". BFI.
- "Revenge of the Cybermen Part One (1975)". BFI.
- "The Way Back (1978)". BFI.
- "Jeremy Wilkin | Movies and Filmography". AllMovie.
- "Jeremy Wilkin". BFI.
- "Jeremy Wilkin has died - Gerry Anderson News and Information". Gerry Anderson. 29 January 2018.
- "Thunderbird's Virgil Tracy actor dies, aged 87". Digital Spy. 30 January 2018.
- "Jeremy Wilkin 1930-2017".
|This article about a British television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|