Jeri Kehn Thompson
|Jeri Kehn Thompson|
Thompson in 2007
|Born||Jeri L. Kehn
September 30, 1966
Hastings, Nebraska, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Fred Thompson (m. 2002; wid. 2015)|
Jeri Kehn Thompson (born Sept. 30, 1966) is an American radio talk show host, columnist for The American Spectator, political commentator, and former political consultant for the Washington, D.C. law firm of Verner Liipfert. She has also worked for the Republican Senate Conference and the Republican National Committee. She was also employed with the public relations and lobbying firm Burson-Marsteller.
Thompson is a native of Hastings, Nebraska, but grew up in Naperville, Illinois, with her mother Vicki, stepfather Ron Keller, and a younger sister. She graduated with a degree in English literature from Indiana's DePauw University in 1988 and was a member of the Pi Beta Phi sorority.
Marriage and family
Jeri Kehn and Fred Thompson first met on July 4, 1996, while both were in the checkout line at a Kroger supermarket. They were married on June 29, 2002, at First Congregational United Church of Christ in Naperville. It was her first marriage and Fred Thompson's second.
On September 27, 2003, she gave birth to a daughter, Hayden. A second child, Samuel, was born in November 2006.
When they married in 2002, she was 35 years old and he was 59. A New York Times article dated July 8, 2007 considered whether the so-called "May–December marriage" could become a campaign issue, noting that "she is not a homewrecker" and is "accomplished in her own right".
According to news reports, Thompson wielded considerable influence within her husband's presidential campaign, as a top political adviser. She urged her husband to run, recruited some of his staff, and was reportedly responsible for the dismissal of others. She is a board member of Susan B. Anthony List. She has appeared on the Fox talk show Hannity.
- MacGillis, Alec; Solomon, John (2007-08-05). "The Rise Of Jeri Thompson". The Washington Post.
- Internet Movie Database, Internet Movie Database, "Biography for Fred Dalton Thompson".
- DePauw University " Jeri Kehn Thompson '88 On Hand as Husband Fred Launches Presidential Bid" (2007-09-06)
- Grove, Lloyd. "The Reliable Source," Washington Post (1999-06-17).
- "Hannity and Colmes interview with Thompson". Fox News. October 3, 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- Grove, Lloyd. "The Reliable Source," Washington Post (2002-07-02).
- York, Byron (2007-08-07). "Fred Thompson: Criticism of My Wife Should Be Directed at Me". National Review Online.
- Saulny, Susan (2007-07-08). "Will Her Face Determine His Fortune?". New York Times.
- Woodward, Calvin. "2008 Candidates and Their Keepsakes", Associated Press, 2007-12-13.
- Bailey, Holly. "Not-So-Hidden Power", Newsweek (2007-08-13).
- Cottle, Michelle (2007-10-22). "Jeri Rigged: The machinations of Mrs. Fred Thompson". The New Republic. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeri Kehn Thompson.|
- The Rise Of Jeri Thompson Alec MacGillis and John Solomon, Washington Post August 5, 2007