|The Jericho Tavern|
Location within Central Oxford
The Jericho Tavern is a music venue and pub in the Jericho area of Oxford, England, at 56 Walton Street. In the late 1980s and early 1990s it was an important part of the music scene which spawned Ride, Radiohead, and Supergrass.
It was bought out in the 1990s by the Firkin chain. It became part of the Scream pub chain, then was restored to a music venue in 2005. Along with several other Oxford pubs, it is now owned by Mitchells & Butlers.
Other acts to play at The Jericho include Mumford and Sons, Stornoway, BΔSTILLE, Summer Camp, Tennis, Bombay Bicycle Club, Palma Violets, Razorcuts, Lianne La Havas, Savages, James Vincent McMorrow, Ben Howard, Foals, and Chad Valley.pulp
- Barnaby, Julianna. "Jericho Tavern Restored - News - The Oxford Student - Official Student Newspaper". www.oxfordstudent.com. Archived from the original on 2008-04-15. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
- "Merch Group Artist T-Shirts::Radiohead". MerchGroup. Archived from the original on 2008-07-13. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
- "Radiohead - Contactmusic.com". www.contactmusic.com. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
- "Radiohead, Foals and 25 years of discovering Oxford music - BBC News". BBC News Online. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
It meant he saw Ride's first public gig at the Jericho Tavern. "People came in as they were sound-checking and were applauding. They were stunning. They blew the place apart. "Everything suddenly went mad, word got out, and they got rave reviews in the NME and Melody Maker."
- "BBC - Top of the Pops 2 - Top 5". BBC. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
that was ok because a gig at the Jericho Tavern in 1994 was replete with a veritable herd of slavering record company A&Rs
- "Jericho Tavern - The Oxford Guide". oxford.openguides.org. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
- "The Jericho Oxford - Terms and conditions". The Jericho. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
The Jericho is a trading name of Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Limited
- Parkinson, Hannah Jane (2014-04-01). "The gig venue guide: The Jericho Tavern, Oxford". The Guardian. Retrieved 2016-03-15.