|Birth name||Jermain Jackman|
|Born||10 January 1995|
|Labels||Will.i.am Music Group|
Jermain Jackman (born 10 January 1995) is a British singer who won the third series of the BBC television singing competition The Voice UK in 2014. His debut album, Jermain Jackman, was released on 23 March 2015.
Jackman is from Hackney, and was born into an Afro-Guyanese family with 4 older siblings and a twin sister. Since a young age Jermaine has been singing and has been passionate about both singing and politics. He studied at Islington Arts and Media School in north London and had good grades. Jackman also studied music at Sir George Monoux 6th Form College in Walthamstow, East London.
2014: The Voice UK and career beginnings
Jackman was the winner of series 3 of The Voice UK in April 2014, and the first male to win the competition. He beat Christina Marie, who was the favourite. Jackman was given a £100,000 record contract. His cover of "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" reached no. 39 on the UK iTunes chart, but finished the week at only number 75 in the charts. He has stated that in the future, he would like to be the first singing Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
|Blind Audition||"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"||Jennifer Holliday||Joined Team will.i.am|
|Battle Rounds||"I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)"(against Sarah Eden-Winn)||Aretha Franklin and George Michael||Winner|
|Knockout rounds||"A House Is Not a Home"||Dionne Warwick||Winner|
|Week 1||"Treasure"||Bruno Mars||Safe|
|Week 2||"Without You"||Usher||Safe|
|Final||"Wrecking Ball"||Miley Cyrus||Winner|
|"Pure Imagination"||Gene Wilder|
|"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"||Jennifer Holliday|
2014-present: Jermain Jackman and later career
He released an EP of collaborations, Jermain Jackman Sessions, in December 2014 as a free download.
His debut album, Jermain Jackman, was released on the 23 March 2015. He will also release his debut single "How Will I Know" on the same day as the album. He recorded the song around the time of his Grandmother's death. Talking about the song he said "I'd been to New York to visit my Granny the same week, and so my emotions were high in the studio, She was very much in my thoughts as I recorded the single and I think you can hear that in my vocal."
Jackman appeared as a special guest star on the CBBC's The Dog Ate My Homework, with the timeslot being 5:00pm as part of Big Fab Friday. He later went on to appear on The Voice UK again performing his new single, "How Will I Know", during the first live show in 2015 before Olly Murs, who also performed his own single "Seasons".
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions|
|Jermain Jackman Sessions EP|
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2014||"And I Am Telling You"||75||N/A|
|2015||"How Will I Know"||—||Jermain Jackman|
- "The Voice crowns Jermain Jackman as its winner". BBC News. 6 April 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Jermain Jackman is crowned winner of The Voice 2014 | Mail Online". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "The Voice UK: Jermain Jackman won but do you think the right singer was victorious? Vote here - Mirror Online". mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "The Voice: Jermain Jackman clinches £100,000 record deal after winning BBC One talent show | Showbiz | News | Daily Express". express.co.uk. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "The Voice: Sally Barker, Jermain Jackman break iTunes Top 40 - The Voice News - Reality TV - Digital Spy". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "The Voice 2014 winner Jermain Jackman wants to become first singing black prime minister". The Times of India. 6 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Jermain Jackman: Making my album was like raising a child". hackneygazette.co.uk. 16 December 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- The Voice UK's Jermain Jackman announces debut single 'How Will I Know' - The Voice News - Reality TV - Digital Spy
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jermain Jackman.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Jermain Jackman|
- Official Jermain Jackman Website
- Jermain Jackman Facebook
- Jermain Jackman Twitter
- Jermain Jackman Instagram
- Jermain Jackman Spotify
- Jermain Jackman Vevo
|This biographical article about a British singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|