Bushrod with the New Orleans Saints in 2012
|No. 74 – Miami Dolphins|
August 19, 1984 |
King George, Virginia
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||320 lb (145 kg)|
|High school:||King George (VA)|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 4 / Pick: 125|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Jermon Terrell Bushrod (born August 19, 1984) is an American football guard for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Towson University. He was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the fourth round of the 2007 NFL Draft, and was the Saints' starting left tackle in their Super Bowl XLIV championship. Bushrod has also played for the Chicago Bears.
Bushrod was born in King George, Virginia, and attended King George High School, where he lettered in football, basketball, and baseball. He was an all-state honorable mention at offensive tackle and won a district championship with the Foxes in basketball.
Bushrod played college football for the Towson University Tigers, where he was a four-year starter. After redshirting in 2002, Bushrod was named third-team All-Atlantic 10 in his sophomore and junior years. In 2006, he was an All-Atlantic 10 selection at left tackle, and helped the Tigers to a 7-4 record. He finished his collegiate career with a streak of 38 consecutive starts.
New Orleans Saints
Bushrod was selected in the fourth round (125th overall) by the New Orleans Saints in the 2007 NFL Draft. On June 20, 2007, Bushrod signed a three-year contract. Bushrod's NFL debut was on November 11, 2007 against the Houston Texans. Bushrod played in only three games prior to the 2009 season. However, after an injury to Saints' starting left tackle Jammal Brown, Bushrod became a starter for the Saints in 2009, helping the Saints to their first and only Super Bowl Championship. On April 13, 2010, signed a one-year contract to return to the team. Bushrod led the NFL in snaps played in the 2011 season with 1,177. On July 29, 2011, Bushrod signed a 2-year contract with the New Orleans Saints. He was also a Pro Bowler in 2012 season with the Saints.
On March 10, 2016, Bushrod signed with the Miami Dolphins and served as their starting right guard. Bushrod was the starting right guard during the 2016 season leading the way for Jay Ajayi to rush for 1,278 yards.
On March 16, 2017, Bushrod re-signed with the Dolphins. He started 10 games in 2017 before suffering a foot injury in Week 11. He missed the next four games before being placed on injured reserve on December 20, 2017.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- Taft Coghill, Jr., ""Saints' Bushrod set to march into town," The Free Lance–Star (December 5, 2009).
- Saints bio page for Jermon Bushrod (accessed September 24, 2010).
- "Chicago Bears: Jermon Bushrod". www.chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2015-12-17.
- Bears finalizing deal with Jermon Bushrod
- Biggs, Brad (February 16, 2016). "Bears release left tackle Jermon Bushrod". USA Today. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- "Miami Dolphins sign veteran offensive lineman Jermon Bushrod". miamiherald. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "PRESS RELEASE: Dolphins Re-sign Bushrod". MiamiDolphins.com. March 16, 2017.
- "Miami Dolphins Make Roster Moves". MiamiDolphins.com. December 20, 2017.
Official Website: www.jermonbushrod.com