Jernail Singh Anand
Jernail Singh Anand
|Occupation||Poet, Author, Philosopher, Spiritualist, Environmentalist|
Jernail Singh Anand is a poet. Anand has authored 65 books of English Poetry, fiction, non-fiction and spirituality. He was awarded a Ph. D. in English by Panjab University Chandigarh in year 2000. He is a environmentalist and a column writer. He retired as Principal and is now on an Honorary Position of Professor Emeritus at Institute of European Roma Studies and Research, Crimes Against Humanity and International Law, Belgrade, Serbia. Dr Anand has co-innovated the theory of Bio-Text in Critical Theory along with an Iranian Scholar, Dr Roghaye Farsi. He Was President of The World Poetry Conference Organized in October 2019 in Bathinda Punjab, India.
Early life and education
Born in 1955 at Ludhiana, Punjab and grew up at native village Longowal in the Sangrur, Punjab, Anand graduated from Govt. College, Ludhiana, and earned his Masters in English Literature from Punjabi University, Patiala. Punjab University, Chandigarh conferred on him degree of Doctor of Philosophy in 2000 for his work on mysticism in the poetry of Walt Whitman and Prof. Puran Singh.
Anand began his career as Lecturer in English at GGN Khalsa College, Ludhiana. Then he became the Principal at DAV College, Bathinda and served there for 10 years. He co-founded World Foundation for Peace and was National Vice-President of International Human Rights Observatory in 2013 . In 2016, he was called by the World Union of Poets [Italy] to serve as the President of the Jury of their 2016 awards.
He represented India at the Kibatek 39 Poetry Festival organized by the Pablo Neruda Literary Association, Taranto, Italy held in February 2016. He represented India at the World Institute of Peace Nigeria organized World Peace Seminar in Nov. 2016.
During his career, he served on the Boards of educational societies including the Senate and Syndicate of Punjabi University, and Board of Studies of Guru Kashi University. Anand has authored 60 books, published 120 articles, published various national and international anthologies, and has introduced poets by writing Review Articles and Forewords for their books.
Dr Anand has also been a leader in the fight against climate change. He led the country wide tree plantation campaign in Bathinda Punjab, in association with 27th Battalion of Indo Tibetan Border Police Force, under the initiative 'My Earth My Duty' following a directive from 'The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India' and planted 21000 saplings in the region. Later he went on with this campaign and planted approx. 100,000 saplings at various places in the Punjab region. He coined and has always believed in his Punjabi Quote 'IKK RUKHKH SAU SUKHKH' (ਇੱਕ ਰੁੱਖ ਸੌ ਸੁੱਖ).
- Anand, J S (1995). The trespassers : A Novel. Kolkata: Writers Workshop Kolkata. ISBN 9788171898190. OCLC 34851544.
- Anand, J S (2000). Spare me, O Lucifer!: Poems. Kolkata India: Writers Workshop (Rebird). ISBN 978-8175956940.
- Anand, J S (2004). THE SPLIT VISION. New Delhi India: Indian Publisher Distributors. ISBN 9788173413322.
- Anand, J S (2013). Beyond Words [Poems]: A Psycho-Spiritual Odyssey Into the Post-Colonial Mindscape: A Psycho-Spiritual Odyssey Into the Post-Colonial Mindscape. California US: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781484097502.
- Anand, J S (2013). The Wolves of Malwadi. Latvia EU: JustFiction Edition. ISBN 9783845449395.
- .Anand, J S (2013). The Monster Within: A Postmodern Critique of the Politico-societal living systems (2nd Ed.). California US: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781490932873.
- Anand, J S (2013). BURNING BRIGHT. Gurgaon Haryana India: The Poetry Society of India. ISBN 9788192583976.
- Anand, J S (2013). CONFESSIONS OF A CORPSE: FICTION AT WAR WITH REALITY. California US: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781490516745.
- Anand, J S (2013). A MILLION DESTINIES [Poems]: Post-modern Text traversing the contingent and the transcendent. California US: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781484831342.
- Anand, J S (2013). Metamorphosis: Emerging Cultural Constructs And English Proverbs: A study of ancient wisdom in the context of the emerging societal patterns and formation of new constructs. Saarbrucken Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. ISBN 978-3659410581.
- Anand, J S (2013). BLISS: The Ultimate Magic. California US: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9789386242129.
- Anand, J S (2013). I BELONG TO YOU. California US: Createspace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781490995366.
- Anand, J S (2014). THE LOST BLISS. Gurgaon: The Poetry Society of India Gurgaon. ISBN 9789383888122.
- Anand, J S (2014). BEYOND LIFE BEYOND DEATH. Chennai Tamil Nadu India: Partridge Publishing India. ISBN 9781482818505.
- Anand, J S (2014), A STUDY OF WALT WHITMAN'S SOCIO-SPIRITUAL AND MYSTICAL CONCERNS AND THEIR RELEVANCE TO THE BIORHYTHM OF POST POST MODERN INDIAN SOCIETY (PDF), University Grants Commission India
- Gaso, Om Prakash (2014). The Hot Wave [ਤੱਤੀ ਹਵਾ]. Translated by ANAND, J S. Patiala: Publication Bureau Punjabi University Patiala. ISBN 9788130202426.
- Anand, J S (2015). CREATIVE CONSCIOUSNESS. Gurgaon Haryana India: Earth Vision Publications. ISBN 9789384922078.
- Anand, J S (2015). VOICES FROM ETERNITY: THE GANGES AND THE NILE IN CONVERSE. Gurgaon Haryana India: The Poetry Society of India. ISBN 9789383888313.
- Anand, J S; Miraglia, Maria (2016). WHISPERS FROM THE BLUE. Gurgaon Haryana India: Global Fraternity of Poets. ISBN 9789383755264.
- POETIC PASSIONS: AN INDO-NIGERIAN ANTHOLOGY OF ENGLISH POETRY. Latur Maharashtra India: Vishwabharati Research Centre. 2016. ISBN 9789386242167.
- Anand, J S (2017). Hard Talk: A Discourse on Political Consciuosness. India: Vishwabharati Research Centre. ISBN 978-9386242327.
- Anand, J S (2017). IN LOVE WITH COSMOS: A WORK OF SPIRITUALITY AND COSMIC CULTURE. Translated by Mohammadi, Nargues. Gurugram Haryana India: Earth Vision Publications. ISBN 9789384922436.
- ANAND, MANMINDER SINGH ANAND; Rathore, M A, eds. (2017). MASTERS OF CREATIVE IMPULSE: MOST VIBRANT VOICES FROM CONTEMPORARY INDIAN ENGLISH POETRY. NEW DELHI INDIA: VISHWABHARATI AND THEMATICS INDOTECH. ISBN 9789386242518.
- Anand, J S (2018). GEET UNSUNG SONG OF ETERNITY: A SEQUEL TO JOHN MILTON'S 'PARADISE LOST' (2ND ED.). New Delhi India: Aditya Prakashan In Association With Vishwabharati Research Centre. ISBN 9789387651883.
- Anand, J S (2018). THE GANTURBURY TALES: A SEQUEL TO GEOFFREY CHAUCER'S 'THE CANTERBURY TALES'. New Delhi India: Authorpress. ISBN 9789388008938.
- Anand, J S (2018-02-24). "POETIC CREATION AND RECREATION: THE MAGIC SPELL AND THE CLOUD SYNDROME" (PDF). International Seminar on Novel Issues in Indian Writing in English. New Delhi India: Authorpress: 53–57. ISBN 9789387651166. ISSN 1930-2940.
- Anand, J S (2019). The Satanic Empire. Gurgaon Haryana India: Global Fraternity of Poets. ISBN 9789383755998.
- Anand, J S (2019). VOICES FROM THE VOID. Gurgaon Haryana India: Global Fraternity of Poets. ISBN 9789383755875.
- Anand, J S; Chakraborti, Basudeb, eds. (2019). PAN INDIAN POETRY IN ENGLISH SPANNING FIRST TWO DECADES OF 21ST CENTURY. New Delhi India: Today and Tomorrow's Printers and Publishers. ISBN 9788170196495.
- Anand, J S (2019). FIGHTING THE FLAMES. Gurugram Haryana India: Global Fraternity of Poets. ISBN 9789383755837.
- Anand, J S (2020). The Broken Narrative. Hisar Haryana India: YAYATI MADAN G GANDHI GROUP OF PUBLICATION. ISBN 9788194485827.
- Anand, J S, ed. (2020). LILACS IN BLOOM. A Project of Galaxy International Foundation. Hisar Haryana India: The Poetry Society of India. ISBN 9789389213133.
- Anand, J S; Jaggi, Parneet, eds. (2020). POETS & POETRY: SPACES WITHIN & WITHOUT. Gurugram Haryana India: Earth Vision Publications. ISBN 9788194485841.
- Anand, J S; Jaggi, Parneet, eds. (2020). DYNAMICS OF POETRY: THE SAID AND THE UNSAID. Gurugram Haryana India: Earth Vision Publication. ISBN 9788194485872.
Major awards and recognition
- Member of the Commission for the International Best Poet Award 2017 of the World Nations Writers Union, Kazakhstan
- First Ambassador of the World Union of Poets, Italy.
- Chairperson of World Foundation for Peace, and Writers International Foundation
- Dr Anand evolved the theory of BIOTEXT in Literary Theory
- Cross for Peace for his Lifetime Achievement in the Field of Poetry and Peace by World Union of Poets.
- 2017: Art4peace award by Art4peace Foundation, Hollywood, USA
- 2017: World epitome of leadership award World Institute of Peace, Nigeria
- 2017: Honored with Lord of World Peace and Literature Award, conferred at India World Poetry Festival, held at Ramoji City, Hyderabad 13-14th Oct, 2017
- Dr M S Randhawa Award for Promotion of Art & Culture of Punjab Conferred
- 2009: Recipient of Penguin Rising Personalities of India Award
- 2008: Best Educationist Award for the outstanding achievements in academics by National and International Compendium in New Delhi
- Avantika educational excellence award by Sri Rajiv Gandhi Foundation Ratia
- Founder President, Philosophique Poetica [De-Anand] - A Portal for Poetry, Art, Peace and Philosophy
Membership and appointments
- Member, Syndicate, Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Fellow, Punjabi University, Patiala
- Member, Board of Studies, Guru Kashi University, Talwandi Sabo
- National Vice-president, International Human Rights Observatory [ihro]
- Patron and Honorary Chief Editor: Symphony International
- Life Member: United Writers Association, Chennai
- Chairman of the International Society of Poets
- Chairman of the Sufi Arts Foundation
- Member of the Association of Indian College Principals
- Patron: Academic Earth Institute of Multi-studies
- ""Dr. Jernail S. Anand (Poet), Writing in the Virtual World" by Aprilia Zank, Ph.D." THE POET BY DAY. 2017-10-19. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Dr JERNAIL SINGH ANAND ….a philosopher of Language Life and Literature / Essay of Italian poetess Claudia Piccinno – VERBUMLANDIART". verbumlandiof Maharaja Ranjit Singh College, art.com (in Italian). Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Dr. Jernail S. ANAND". Galaktika Poetike "ATUNIS". 2016-09-14. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "A Million Destinies [Poems], Dr Jernail Singh Anand | 9781484831342 | Boeken". www.bol.com (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- Dayal, Dr Deen (15 June 2018). Complexion Based Discriminations: Global Insights. Notion Press. ISBN 9781643242323.
- Agronsh, Agronsh (2019-07-01). "World Poetry Conference: Poet in the service of mankind conference 13th and 14th October 2019". ATUNIS. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- Aggarwal, S (2019-08-12). "Philosophique Poetica". World Literature India. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- "The Interview of Dr J.S. Anand with the Turkish TV. Building Bridges". Galaktika Poetike "ATUNIS". 2016-07-06. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- Anand, Dr Jernail Singh (2018-07-12). "Principal of DAV College". punjabcolleges.com.
- "Beyond Life Beyond Death by Durga Patva". Boloji. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Chief Advisor To The President of the World Nations Writars' Union in Kazakhstan on Contemporary World Literature". www.wnwu.org. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- Anand, J S (2009-08-28). "BATHINDA: VAN MAHOTSAV CELEBRATED". The Tribune Chandigarh. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- Anand, J S (2010-08-26). "My Earth My Duty Bathinda Joins Nationwide Tree Plantation Campaign". The Tribune Chandigarh. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- Garrido, Carlos Hugo (2017-10-09). "High Level Officials of THE WORLD NATION WRITERS UNION OF KAZAKHSTAN (WNWU)". World Nation Writers' Union. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- BORTOLAZZI, SILVANO (2016-04-25). "WORLD UNION OF POETS CELEBRATES THE POWER OF POETRY: AIMS TO BRING A REVOLUTION IN THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF TIME, ISSUED BY Dr. J.S. ANAND, AMBASSADOR AND GENERAL DIRECTOR WUP". ATUNIS. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Poems rediscover 'island called self'". The Tribune. 1 April 2016.
- "J.S. Anand's Theory of Biotext And Critical Perspectives on His Poetic and Spiritual Creed (First Edition, 2016) / By Dr Roghayeh Farsi (Author, Introduction)". Galaktika Poetike "ATUNIS". 2017-10-11. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- Ahmad, Israr (2016-05-11). "Pak poet to get Cross for Peace Award". The Nation. Retrieved 2018-04-30.