Jernail Singh Anand
Jernail Singh Anand
|Occupation||Poet, author, philosopher, spiritualist|
Jernail Singh Anand is Indian poet, author, philosopher and spiritualist, known for his spiritual poetry. Anand has authored 60 books of poetry, fiction, non-fiction and spirituality. He is the founder and President of Philosophique Poetica, an international organization for promotion of Poetry, Art and Philosophy, which organizes World Poetry Conference.
Early life and education
Born in 1955 at Ludhiana, Punjab and grew up at native village Longowal in the Sangrur, Punjab, Anand graduated from Govt. College, Ludhiana, and earned his Masters in English Literature from Punjabi University, Patiala. Punjab University, Chandigarh conferred on him degree of Doctor of Philosophy in 2000 for his work on mysticism in the poetry of Walt Whitman and Prof. Puran Singh.
Anand began his career as Lecturer in English at GGN Khalsa College, Ludhiana. Then he became the Principal at DAV College, Bathinda and served there for 10 years. He co-founded World Foundation for Peace and was National Vice-President of International Human Rights Observatory in 2013 . In 2016, he was called by the World Union of Poets [Italy] to serve as the President of the Jury of their 2016 awards.
He represented India at the Kibatek 39 Poetry Festival organized by the Pablo Naruda Literary Association, Taranto, Italy held in February 2016. He represented India at the World Institute of Peace Nigeria organized World Peace Seminar in Nov. 2016.
During his career, he served on the Boards of educational societies including the Senate and Syndicate of Punjabi University, and Board of Studies of Guru Kashi University. Anand has authored 60 books, published 120 articles, published various national and international anthologies, and has introduced poets by writing Review Articles and Forewords for their books.
- Anand, J.S (2013). A MILLION DESTINIES [Poems]: Post-modern Text traversing the contingent and the transcendent. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 978-1484831342.
- Anand, Jarnail Singh (2013). Beyond Words [Poems]: A Psycho-Spiritual Odyssey Into the Post-Colonial Mindscape: A Psycho-Spiritual Odyssey Into the Post-Colonial Mindscape. Createspace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 1484097505.
- Anand, Jarnail Singh (2000). Spare me, O Lucifer!: Poems (A Writers Workshop redbird book). Writers Workshop. ISBN 978-8175956940.
- Anand, Jarnail singh (2014). THE LOST BLISS. The Poetry Society of India, Gurgaon. ISBN 978-93-83888-12-2.
- Gaso, Om Praksha (2014). The hot wave = Tatti hawa. Publication Bureau. p. 132. ISBN 9788130202426.
- Anand, J.S (1995). The trespassers : a novel. Writers Workshop. ISBN 9788171898190.
- Anand, J.S (2013). The Wolves of Malwadi. JustFiction Edition. ISBN 9783845449395.
- The Monster Within
- Anand, J.S (2013). CONFESSIONS OF A CORPSE: fiction at war with reality. 978-1490516745. ISBN 978-1490516745.
- Anand, J.S (2013). Metamorphosis: Emerging Cultural Constructs And English Proverbs: A study of ancient wisdom in the context of the emerging societal patterns and formation of new constructs. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. ISBN 978-3659410581.
- Anand, J.S (2013). BLISS: The Ultimate Magic. CreateSpace.com. ISBN 1490426442.
- Anand, J.S. I BELONG TO YOU [Spirituality].
- Anand, J.S (2017). Hard Talk: A Discourse on Political Consciuosness. ISBN 978-9386242310.
- Anand, J.S. Confessions of a Corpse.
- Anand, J.S (2013). THE MONSTER WITHIN [non-fiction]: THE MONSTER WITHIN: A Postmodern Critique of the Politico-societal living systems. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 978-1490932873.
- The Split vision [poetry]
- Burning Bright [poetry]
- The Other Passion [poetry]
- Jarnail Singh, Anand (2014). Beyond Life! Beyond Death!. Partridge Publishing. ISBN 9781482818505.
- Whisper From The Blue [poetry with an Italian poet]
- Onsy, Dr. George. VOICES FROM ETERNITY THE GANGES AND THE NILE INCONVERSE. The Poetry Society of India. ISBN 978-93-83888-31-3.
- A study of Walt Whitman's Socio-spiritual and Mystical Concerns and their relevance to the Biorhythm of Post-Modern Indian Society [UGC research project]
- Poetic Passions, [Anthology of Poetry with a Nigerian Poet.
Major awards and recognition
- Member of the Commission for the International Best Poet Award 2017 of the World Nations Writers Union, Kazakhstan
- First Ambassador of the World Union of Poets, Italy
- Secretary General, World Parliament of Literature
- Chairperson of World Foundation for Peace, and Writers International Foundation
- Dr Anand evolved the theory of BIOTEXT in Literary Theory
- Cross for Peace for his Lifetime Achievement in the field of Poetry and Peace by World Union of Poets
- 2017: Art4peace award by Art4peace Foundation, Hollywood, USA
- 2017: World epitome of leadership award World Institute of Peace, Nigeria
- 2017: Honored with Lord of World Peace and Literature Award, conferred at India World Poetry Festival, held at Ramoji City, Hyderabad 13-14th Oct, 2017
- Dr M S Randhawa Award for Promotion of Art & Culture of Punjab Conferred
- 2009: Recipient of Penguin Rising Personalities of India Award
- 2008: Best Educationist Award for the outstanding achievements in academics by National and International Compendium in New Delhi
- Avantika educational excellence award by Sri Rajiv Gandhi Foundation Ratia
- Founder President, Philosophique Poetica [de Anand] – a portal for poetry, art, peace and philosophy
Membership and appointments
- Member, Syndicate, Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Fellow, Punjabi University, Patiala
- Member, Board of Studies, Guru Kashi University, Talwandi Sabo
- National Vice-president, International Human Rights Observatory [ihro]
- Patron and Honorary Chief Editor: Symphony International
- Life Member: United Writers Association, Chennai
- Chairman of the International Society of Poets
- Chairman of the Sufi Arts Foundation
- Member of the Association of Indian College Principals
- Patron: Academic Earth Institute of Multi-studies
- ""Dr. Jernail S. Anand (Poet), Writing in the Virtual World" by Aprilia Zank, Ph.D." THE POET BY DAY. 2017-10-19. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Dr JERNAIL SINGH ANAND ….a philosopher of Language Life and Literature / Essay of Italian poetess Claudia Piccinno – VERBUMLANDIART". verbumlandiof Maharaja Ranjit Singh College, art.com (in Italian). Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Dr. Jernail S. ANAND". Galaktika Poetike "ATUNIS". 2016-09-14. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "A Million Destinies [Poems], Dr Jernail Singh Anand | 9781484831342 | Boeken". www.bol.com (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- Dayal, Dr Deen (2018-06-15). Complexion Based Discriminations: Global Insights. Notion Press. ISBN 9781643242323.
- agronsh (2019-07-01). "WORLD POETRY CONFERENCE: POET IN THE SERVICE OF MANKIND PHILOSOPHIQUE POETICA and GRAND PRODUCTIONS CANADA – WORLD POETRY CONFERENCE 13TH and 14 th OCTOBER 2019". Galaktika Poetike "ATUNIS". Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- "PHILOSOPHIQUE POETICA & GRAND PRODUCTIONS,CANADA". www.worldliterature.in. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- "The Interview of Dr J.S. Anand with the Turkish TV. Building Bridges". Galaktika Poetike "ATUNIS". 2016-07-06. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Beyond Life Beyond Death by Durga Patva". Boloji. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- User, Super. "Chief Advisor To The President of the World Nations Writars' Union in Kazakhstan on Contemporary World Literature". www.wnwu.org. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "World Union of Poets Celebrates The Power Of Poetry: Aims to Bring a Revolution in The Consciousness Of Time. / Issued by: Dr. J.s. Anand, Ambassador and General Director WUP". Galaktika Poetike "ATUNIS". 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Poems rediscover 'island called self'". The Tribune. 1 April 2016.
- "J.S. Anand's Theory of Biotext And Critical Perspectives on His Poetic and Spiritual Creed (First Edition, 2016) / By Dr Roghayeh Farsi (Author, Introduction)". Galaktika Poetike "ATUNIS". 2017-10-11. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Pak poet to get Cross for Peace Award". The Nation. 2016-05-11. Retrieved 2018-04-30.