His playing appears on the albums The Paul Butterfield Blues Band and East-West. He was a member of the Butterfield Band at the Newport Folk Festival in 1965, and not only appeared with the band there, but was among the musicians who supported Bob Dylan on the Newport Folk Festival stage for Dylan's controversial amplified instrument performance at that Festival.
Jerome Arnold is a younger brother of Billy Boy Arnold, as is harmonicist Augustus "Gus" Arnold (who around 1969 changed his name to "Julio Finn"). He also appears on Billy Boy Arnold's 1964 Prestige LP, "More Blues on the South Side."
- Eagle, Bob; Eric S. LeBlanc (2013), Blues - A Regional Experience, Santa Barbara: Praeger Publishers, p. 70. ISBN 978-0313344237
- "The Paul Butterfield Blues Band", Los Angeles Times, June 23, 1994.
- "Butterfield Blues Band Offers Moving Experience", Montreal Gazette, May 29, 1967.
- "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2015: Paul Butterfield Blues Band drummer Sam Lay's Cleveland ties make the induction even more special". cleveland.com. Retrieved 2016-02-28.
- "ProQuest Archiver: Titles". Boston Herald. Retrieved 2016-02-28.
- Edward Komara, Peter Lee (eds), The Blues Encyclopedia, Routledge, 2004, pg. 444; ISBN 978-0415926997
|This article about a United States bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|