Johnson with the Seattle Seahawks in 2014
|No. 39 Kansas City Chiefs|
|Date of birth:||June 12, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Compton, California|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||212 lb (96 kg)|
|High school:||Compton (CA) Dominguez|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Jeron Johnson (born June 12, 1988) is an American football strong safety for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Boise State.
On March 7, 2014, Johnson re-signed with the Seahawks on a one-year contract.
On March 16, 2015, Johnson signed a two-year, $4 million contract with the Washington Redskins. By the end of training camp, he was beat out of the starting strong safety position by Duke Ihenacho. In the Week 6 game against the New York Jets, he blocked a punt in the endzone, which was recovered by wide receiver Rashad Ross for a touchdown.
The Redskins released Johnson on March 7, 2016.
Kansas City Chiefs
|Year||Team||Games||Combined Tackles||Tackles||Assisted Tackles||Sacks||Forced Fumbles||Forced Fumbles||Fumble Return Yards||Interceptions||Interception Return Yards||Return Yards per Interception||Passes Defended|
- Jeron Johnson rookie free agent with the Seahawks
- Different paths to the same destination
- Jeron Johnson placed on injured reserve; Perrish Cox signed to 53-man active roster
- Jeron Johnson, Lemuel Jeanpierre signed to one-year extensions
- Hanzus, Dan. "Jeron Johnson signs two-year contract with Redskins". NFL.com. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Jones, Mike (June 10, 2015). "Johnson and Ihenacho lay the foundation for training-camp battle at strong safety". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Walker, Andrew (October 18, 2015). "Redskins Fall To Jets, 34-20". Redskins.com. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- "Redskins-Jets Monday Stats Pack". Redskins.com. October 19, 2015. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- Jones, Mike (March 7, 2016). "Redskins cut safety Jeron Johnson to save another $1 million". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Sessler, Marc (August 5, 2016). "Kansas City Chiefs sign safety Jeron Johnson". NFL.com. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "Jeron Johnson Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|