|Jerry's Nugget Casino|
|Location||North Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Address||1821 North Las Vegas Blvd.|
|Total gaming space||24,000 square feet (2,200 m2)|
Jerry's Nugget was founded in 1964 by Jerry Lodge and Jerry Stamis and was originally the site of the Town House Bar. In 1968, Lodge and Stamis bought the Bonanza Club, located across the street from Jerry's Nugget. The acquisition meant moving the casino to its new location and 10,000 square feet (930 m2) of added space.
In 1995, Jerry's Nugget received an $18 million renovation that expanded the casino size and increased the number of slot machines from 600 to 770. The bingo parlor was also increased, and a poker room was built as well. The 95-seat Royal Street Theatre was also built. By 1998, the poker room had closed. As of 2004, Jerry's Nugget expands over 95,000 square feet (8,800 m2) and features a race and sports book, keno lounge, table games area and slot floor.
In 2008, the Nevada Gaming Control Board reinstated the gaming license for executive owner, Angelo Stamis. He was the first person approved by the board to have a gaming license restored. The bingo hall was refurbished in 2012.
Lender U.S. Bank filed a lawsuit in March 2012 asking for a receiver to be installed after Jerry's Nugget defaulted on payments on a $3.6 million loan. After months of talks failed to produce an agreement, the casino filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in August. In September 2013, the casino received a loan that allowed it to win approval for its Chapter 11 reorganization plan.
Jerry's Nugget Casino emerged from Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection in March 2014. Third generation operators, Jeremy and Joseph Stamis acquired the company and continue to operate it. The company celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014.
- http://www.jerrysnugget.com "Jerry's Nugget website"
- *Simpson, Jeff (2006), Jeff Simpson gives credit to a few casinos that have gone the extra mile to improve, Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas Sun, retrieved 2009-04-07
- "State of Nevada Gaming Control Board, Listing of Financial Statements Square Footage" (PDF), Gaming Control Board: 5, 2009, archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-05-21
- "Famous Coffee Shop: A Jerry's Nugget Tradition" (Press release). Mews Blaze. 2008-10-28. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- Knightly, Arnold (2007), North Las Vegas business leaders set to redefine city's center, Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas Business Press, retrieved 2009-04-07
- "North Las Vegas Nevada" on Destination360
- "Jerry's Nugget - 4 Decades of Success" (Press release). Las Vegas Online Entertainment. 2004-08-06. Retrieved 2009-04-27.[permanent dead link]
- Staff, Las Vegas Sun (2001), Obituary: Monday Services set for Jerry's Nugget co-founder, Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas Sun, retrieved 2009-04-07
- Smith, Hubble (July 13, 1998). "New-Look Nugget". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on September 14, 2000.
- Stutz, Howard (2008), Jerry's Nugget Executive has Gaming License Restored, Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas Review Journal, retrieved 2009-04-07
- O'Reilly, Tim (September 24, 2013). "Last-minute loan allows Jerry's Nugget to continue local ownership". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- O'Reiley, Tim (August 13, 2012). "Jerry's Nugget seeking bankruptcy protection". Vegas Inc. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jerry's Nugget Casino.|