||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
September 2, 1958 |
Sloan, New York
|Genres||Rock, alternative rock|
|Associated acts||10,000 Maniacs|
Jerome Stanley "Jerry" Augustyniak (born September 2, 1958) is the drummer for the American band 10,000 Maniacs. Augustyniak joined the band in March 1983, two years after the group formed. Augustyniak continues to perform with the band who tour extensively. Their most recent album, "Music From The Motion Picture", released in 2013, has garnered rave reviews.
- He is a member of Buffalo Hall of Fame ().
- Former member of The Elements ('70s); The Stains ('80s); Only Humen ('00s) Rosaleen Marion Band ('00s)
- Played drums on Maria Sebastian's CD, a Buffalo local artist, winner of Buffalo Music Awards; Skiffle Minstrels; John and Mary
- He broke his collarbone when struck by a car while riding his bicycle in 1992 (The Post-Journal)
- He currently teaches drums.
- He is Polish American.
- With 10,000 Maniacs
- Secrets of the I Ching (1983)
- The Wishing Chair (1985)
- In My Tribe (1987)
- Blind Man's Zoo (1989)
- Hope Chest: The Fredonia Recordings 1982-1983 (1990)
- Our Time in Eden (1992)
- MTV Unplugged (1993)
- Love Among the Ruins (1997)
- The Earth Pressed Flat (1999)
- Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure and Unknown Recordings (2004)
- Live Twenty-Five (2006)
- Extended Versions (2009)
- Triangles (EP) (2011)
- Victory Gardens (1991) with John & Mary - drums
- The Weedkiller's Daughter (1993) with John & Mary - drums
- The Pinwheel Galaxy (2003) with John & Mary – drums, percussion
- Peace Bridge (2007) with John & Mary – drums
|This article on a United States drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|