Weyer at the Landeskongress in December 2011
|Co-Chair of Pirate Parties International|
1 March 2010 – 13 March 2011
Serving with Grégory Engels
|Preceded by||Samir Allioui
|Succeeded by||Samir Allioui
|Vice-President of the Pirate Party of Luxembourg|
4 October 2009 – 28 October 2012
|Preceded by||New position|
|Born||January 4, 1986|
|Political party||Pirate Party of Luxembourg|
|Alma mater||Robert Schuman University
London School of Economics
Jerry Weyer (born 4 January 1986) is a Luxembourgian politician, activist and lawyer. He served as a Co-Chair of Pirate Parties International alongside Grégory Engels from March 2010 to March 2011, and also helped found and served as the first Vice-President of the Pirate Party of Luxembourg.
Weyer is a co-founder of the Pirate Party of Luxembourg (Piratepartei Lëtzebuerg), the other being Sven Clement. Weyer therefore served as Vice-President of the party from its incarnation on 4 October 2009 until 28 October 2012. Weyer ran the Pirate Party of Luxembourg's campaign in the 2013 general election, and also stood as a candidate.
On 1 March 2010, Patrick Mächler stepped down from his role as Co-President on the Pirate Parties International Coreteam. Weyer was elected by he Coreteam to replace Mächler until the founding conference could be held on 18 April 2010, where two Co-Chairs would be properly elected. During the April 2010 conference, Weyer and Grégory Engels, became the first properly elected Co-Chairs of Pirate Parties International. Weyer continued to serve in this role until the next conference, on 13 March 2011.
From October 2012 to July 2013, Weyer served as the coordinator of the Luzembourgian parliamentary monitoring organization, Politikercheck.lu.
- "About me". Jerry Weyer. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- Schiffer, Patrick (24 October 2013). "Interview with Jerry Weyer, member of the PPLU". Pirate Times. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Patrick Mächler steps down - Jerry Weyer Steps up!". Pirate Parties International. 2 March 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Previous PPI Boards". Pirate Parties International Wiki. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- WOXX, 6.12.2012, "Politikerchecklu: Mehr Transparenz mit einem Klick?"
- Weyer, Jerry (19 February 2015). "From activists to politicians". Pirate Times. Retrieved 6 August 2015.