|Occupation||Author and environmentalist|
Jerry Yudelson (born in Greenwich, Connecticut) is environmentalist, and author, best known for publishing 14 green building and sustainable design books since 2006. Yudelson’s work is focused on the long-term environmental impact that urban development has on climate change, resulting from greenhouse gas emissions caused by operating home and buildings.
Yudelson has a B.S. in engineering from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), an A.M. in water resources engineering from Harvard University, and a Master Of Business Administration from the University of Oregon. He was a Rotary Foundation Fellow for International Understanding for his graduate studies in West Germany at the Technical University in Aachen. He was a U.S. Public Health Service Trainee in environmental engineering science for Ph.D. studies at Caltech.
Yudelson was a pioneer in organizing Earth Day activities in 1970 on the Caltech campus. He taught some of the first university courses in the U.S. in the new field of environmental studies, while at the University of California, Santa Cruz. In 1972, he organized community opposition to a proposed convention center on the Monterey Bay headlands at Lighthouse Point in Santa Cruz, resulting in the cancellation of the project and eventually the creation of Lighthouse Field State Beach.
|Reinventing Green Building: Why Certification Systems Aren't Working and What We Can Do About It (2016)||ISBN 978-0865718159|
|The World's Greenest Buildings: Promise Versus Performance in Sustainable Design (2013)||ISBN 978-1138409071|
|Dry Run: Preventing the Next Urban Water Crisis (2010)||ISBN 978-0865716704|
|Sustainable Retail Development: New Success Strategies (2009)||ISBN 978-9048127818|
|Greening Existing Buildings (2009)||ISBN 978-0071638326|
|Green Building Trends: Europe (2009)||ISBN 978-1597264761|
|Green Building through Integrated Design (2008)||ISBN 978-0071546010|
|Choosing Green: The Home Buyer's Guide to Good Green Homes (2008)||ISBN 978-0865716100|
|Green Building: A to Z (2007)||ISBN 978-0865715721|
|The Green Building Revolution (2007)||ISBN 978-1597261784|
|Marketing Green Building Services: Strategies for Success (2007)||ISBN 978-0849393815|
|Developing Green: Strategies for Success (2006)||ISBN 978-0971895577|
|The Insider’s Guide to Marketing Green Buildings. Society for Marketing Professional Services||ISBN 978-0976501909|
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- "Books by Jerry Yudelson". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "Books by Jerry Yudelson (Author of Green Building A to Z)". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- Yudelson, Jerry (2016-04-25). Reinventing Green Building: Why Certification Systems Aren't Working and What We Can Do About It. New Society Publishers. ISBN 9781550926118.
- "70 Second Annual Commencement". June 10, 1966. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-12-15. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "Jerry Yudelson '93". www.uoalumni.com. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "BULLETIN OF THE CALfFOR.NIA INSTITlITE OF TECHNOLOGY". 2010-09-17. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-09-17. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "An Earth Day Celebration" (PDF). February 1970.
- "Santa Cruz Sentinel 22 April 1971 — California Digital Newspaper Collection". cdnc.ucr.edu. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- Guzman, Kara (2016-07-05). "Saving Lighthouse Field". Good Times Santa Cruz. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "GBCI Announces LEED Fellow Class of 2011 | U.S. Green Building Council". www.usgbc.org. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- PERLMAN, JEFFREY A. (1988-10-13). "Showdown With a GOP Firebrand Builds in 38th District : Democrat Yudelson Battles His Obscurity, Seeks 'Forced Errors'". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2019-02-23.
- "Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2019-02-23.
- Berg, Nate (2011-08-22). "The Zero-Carbon House: It's Just Around the Corner". Wired. 19 (9). ISSN 1059-1028. Retrieved 2019-02-23.
- "GREEN BUILDING INITIATIVE REPORT TO STAKEHOLDERS" (PDF).