Bayless (left) in 2010
|No. 19 – Milwaukee Bucks|
August 20, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||St. Mary's (Phoenix, Arizona)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Round: 1 / Pick: 11th overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|2008–2010||Portland Trail Blazers|
|2010||New Orleans Hornets|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jerryd Bayless (born August 20, 1988) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played a year of college basketball for the Arizona Wildcats after playing high school basketball at St. Mary's High School in Phoenix, where he scored a career high of 52 points in a loss to eventual state champions, Mesa Mountain View. He was selected 11th overall in the 2008 NBA draft by the Indiana Pacers and then traded to the Portland Trail Blazers along with Ike Diogu in exchange for the rights to Brandon Rush (13th pick), Jarrett Jack, and Josh McRoberts. He was traded to the New Orleans Hornets for a first round pick on October 23, 2010, and to the Toronto Raptors on November 20, 2010. In 2012, he signed with the Grizzlies.
- 1 College career
- 2 NBA career
- 3 NBA career statistics
- 4 Honors and awards
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
In his freshman season at the University of Arizona, he averaged a team-high 19.7 points per game while picking up an average of 2.7 rebounds and 4.0 assists. His team finished the season with an 19–13 record (8–10 in the Pac-10), including a loss to West Virginia in the first round of the NCAA tournament. After the season, he decided to declare early for the 2008 NBA Draft.
Portland Trail Blazers (2008–2010)
In the 2008 NBA Draft, the Portland Trail Blazers acquired the rights to Bayless (the 11th pick) along with Ike Diogu from Indiana in exchange for the draft rights to 13th pick Brandon Rush along with Jarrett Jack and Josh McRoberts. The deal was completed on June 26, 2008, but was not announced until July 9, 2008. Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard stated "Bayless will make our backcourt more athletic. He's a proven scorer and a tenacious competitor." On July 20, 2008 Jerryd Bayless was added to the USA Select Team. At the 2008 NBA Vegas Summer League, he earned the Most Valuable Player Award after leading the league in scoring at 29.8 points per game and leading the Trail Blazers to a record of 3 wins and 2 losses.
New Orleans Hornets (2010)
Toronto Raptors (2010–2012)
On November 20, 2010, Bayless was traded to the Toronto Raptors along with Peja Stojaković and some money, in exchange for Jarrett Jack, Marcus Banks, and David Andersen. In his debut as a Toronto Raptor, Bayless scored 13 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists. On December 11, 2010, Bayless tied his career-high 31 points, to go with 5 rebounds and 7 assists, to help the Raptors rally from a 25-point deficit to beat the Detroit Pistons 120–116. On July 6, 2012, the Toronto Raptors withdrew their qualifying offer of $4.2 million to Jerryd, making him an unrestricted free agent.
Memphis Grizzlies (2012–2014)
Boston Celtics (2014)
Milwaukee Bucks (2014–present)
On April 25th, 2015, Bayless hit the game winning layup in game 4 against the Chicago Bulls to give them their first win of the 2015 playoffs.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Honors and awards
- 2007 First-team Parade All-American
- Named to the 2007 USA Basketball Junior National Select Team
- Named to the 2006 USA Men's U18 National Team which went on to win a bronze medal in the FIBA World Championship.
- Four-time Arizona Republic All-Arizona team selection (2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007).
- 2006 Fourth-team Parade All-American
- Ranked as the No. 9 overall recruit and the No. 2 shooting guard by both Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- "Arizona Wildcats Statistics - 2007-08". ESPN. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Arizona Wildcats Schedule - 2007-08". ESPN. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Bayless declares eligibility for NBA Draft". The Sports Network. 2008-04-05. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Pacers deal made final: Bayless, Diogu to Blazers".[dead link]
- "Q&A with the Las Vegas MVP". NBA.com. Retrieved January 22, 2009.
- "Portland Trail Blazers vs. San Antonio Spurs - Box Score - December 23, 2009". ESPN.com. December 23, 2009. Retrieved December 23, 2009.
- "HORNETS ACQUIRE JERRYD BAYLESS FROM PORTLAND". NBA.com. 2010-10-23. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- "Raptors Acquire Bayless, Stojakovic And Cash Considerations From New Orleans". NBA.com. 2010-11-20. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- Grizzlies sign guard Jerryd Bayless
- Jerryd Bayless picks up player option to stay with Grizzlies
- "Celtics Acquire Jerryd Bayless". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. January 7, 2014. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "Bucks Sign Jerryd Bayless". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 31, 2014. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- "Jerryd Bayless". Scout.com. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Jerryd Bayless". Rivals.com. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Jerryd Bayless Prospect Profile". NBA.com. Retrieved January 22, 2009.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Milwaukee Bucks bio
- Official website