Jersey Table Tennis Association
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Jersey Table Tennis Association (the JTTA) was established in 1923 and is the governing body responsible for table tennis in Jersey. The organisation has been affiliated to the ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) since 1935.
Table Tennis Jersey is the overarching name for table tennis in Jersey, of which the JTTA is the lead body. The JTTA is also affiliated to the European Table Tennis Union, the Commonwealth Games Association of Jersey, the Commonwealth Table Tennis Federation, Island Games Association, Jeux des îles, the Jersey Sports Council.
Table Tennis Jersey's aim is to promote table tennis as a sport and a social activity to all ages. It regulates and manages competitions and is responsible for the selection, organisation and management of the Jersey representative teams. It runs a variety of different classes and training sessions throughout each week. Table Tennis Jersey compete in International competitions through all age groups, having had representative teams at the World Championships, European Championships, the Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships, the European Youth Championships, the Senior Schools' and Primary Schools' International Championships.
Thanks to the vision and generosity of the late Geoff Reed, a facility was built at FB Playing Fields, St Clement which is the headquarters and main playing location of a number of Island clubs. Also Affiliated to Table Tennis Jersey is St Mary's club which operates out of St Mary's sports hall. The Geoff Reed Table Tennis Centre is a purpose built facility which has hosted a number of Grand Prix satellite events, was one of the designated 2012 Olympic training venues for the south-east of England, and was the venue for table tennis at the 2015 Island Games.
- "About Us". www.tabletennisjersey.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-09-04. Retrieved 2010-07-21.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "ETTU.org - Member Associations". Ettu.org. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "The Commonwealth Table Tennis Federation Limited". Comtt.org. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "International Island Games Association - IIGA". Iiga.org. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Index". Coji.fr. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Table tennis: Josh Band makes Jersey world championships team". Bbc.co.uk. 27 February 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-01-23. Retrieved 2018-11-23.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-02-13. Retrieved 2016-02-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "ETTU.org - Prepare for Easter at Jersey Open". Ettu.org. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "NatWest Jersey Open (Satellite Grand Prix)". Tabletennisengland.co.uk. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- [dead link]
- "Olympic training venues - South East". News.bbc.co.uk. 3 March 2008. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-12-25. Retrieved 2015-02-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)