Jersey Township, Licking County, Ohio
|Jersey Township, Licking County, Ohio|
Location of Jersey Township in Licking County
|• Total||26.8 sq mi (69.4 km2)|
|• Land||26.8 sq mi (69.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,201 ft (366 m)|
|• Density||106.1/sq mi (41.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086465|
Located on the western edge of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Monroe Township - north
- Liberty Township - northeast corner
- St. Albans Township - east
- Harrison Township - southeast corner
- Pataskala - south
- Jefferson Township, Franklin County - southwest corner
- Plain Township, Franklin County - west
- Harlem Township, Delaware County - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Licking County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Licking County Commissioners (14 December 2010). "In the matter of filing and granting the annexation of 15.926 acres from Jersey Township to the village of New Albany - Banchefsky - located off Beech Road and State Route 161" (PDF). Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 66.
- Brister, Edwin M. P. (1909). Centennial History of the City of Newark and Licking County, Ohio. S.J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 338.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.