Born into an ecclesiastical family in 1852, he was educated at McGill University and began his ordained ministry as a curate at Christ Church Cathedral, Montreal after which he was the incumbent of Onslow. Later he was the rector of St Matthias' Montreal. He became the Bishop of Moosonee in 1891 and was translated to Saskatchewan in 1904. He returned to England in 1921, becoming the rector of Clifton, Bedfordshire
Newnham died on 12 January 1941.
- His father was the Rev. G. W. Newnham, sometime Vicar of Combe Down “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- Church web-site Archived 2012-04-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- Bishops of Moosonee
- Bishops of Saskatchewan Archived 2012-02-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- Bedfordshire County Council
- The Times, 14 January 1941; pg. 1; Issue 48823; col A, Deaths
|Bishop of Moosonee
William Cyprian Pinkham
|Bishop of Saskatchewan
|This article about a Canadian Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|