Jesús López Cobos (born 25 February 1940) is a Spanish conductor.
López Cobos was born in Toro, Zamora, Castile-León, Spain. He studied at Complutense University of Madrid and graduated with a degree in philosophy. Later he studied conducting with Franco Ferrara and with Hans Swarowsky at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna.
From 1981 to 1990 he was general music director of the Deutsche Oper Berlin and from 1984 to 1988 he was music director of the Orquesta Nacional de España. From 1986 to 2000 he served as music director of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, and from 1990 to 2000 he was principal conductor of the Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne. From 2003 to 2010 he has been music director of the Teatro Real in Madrid.
- Lopez Cobos International Opera Conductors Competition
- Teatro Real
- Deutsche Oper Berlin
- Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- Spanish National Orchestra
- Jesús López Cobos at AllMusic
- Jésus López Cobos at the Prince of Asturias Foundation website
- Short biography
- Interview with Jesús López Cobos by Bruce Duffie, August, 1997
|Principal Conductor, Orquesta Nacional de España
|Artistic Director, Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne
Luis Antonio García Navarro (1997–2001)
|Music Director of the Teatro Real
|This article about a Spanish conductor or bandleader is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|