Jesús M. Toribio
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Jesús M. Toribio|
Jesús M. Toribio in 2012
|Birth name||Jesús Martín Toribio|
|Born||10 November 1988|
Symphonic power metal
|Occupation(s)||Pianist, keyboardist, composer, lyricist|
|Instruments||Keyboards, piano, keytar.|
|Labels||Sonic Attack, Hydrant Music|
|Associated acts||Quinta Enmienda|
Jesús M. Toribio (born 10 November 1988 in Madrid, Spain) is a keyboardist, pianist and composer. He joined the Spanish power metal band Phoenix Rising in late 2010, and currently resides in Alcorcón, Spain, when not on tour.
He began studying music at age 5, primarily pushed by his parents and grandfather. Years later, he entered the Rodolffo Halffter Music Conservatory of Móstoles to study music theory, piano and composition. In 2011, he earned his Bachelor of Music in music performance, music theory and composition.
During that period, his musical interest led him to get involved with some unstable bands until 2010, when he joined the symphonic power metal band, Quinta Enmienda, with whom he had already collaborated on their first album Ne Bis in Idem.
During the first part of 2012, Quinta Enmienda switched its name to Phoenix Rising after signing a three album deal with German label Sonic Attack. In March 2012, the very first album as Phoenix Rising, MMXII, was released. Toribio participated both in the writing and in the production process.
He is currently working on the new album which will be released in early 2014.
With Phoenix Rising
- MMXII (Double CD) (2012)
- Versus (2014)
- Quinta Enmienda – Ne Bis in Idem (2010)
- Jesús Martín y Korg M50 (in Spanish)
- JESÚS MARTÍN SUSTITUYE A PATXI QUINTANILLA EN LAS TECLAS DE QUINTA ENMIENDA, 2010-12-22, MariskalRock.com (in Spanish)
- "Phoenix Rising: Fire and Ashes". Phoenixrisingmetal.com. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "La Crítica Musical – Reseña // PHOENIX RISING "MMXII" // Sonic Attack Records". Lacriticamusical.com. Retrieved 19 July 2012.