Jesús Rubio Martín
|Full name||Jesús Rubio Martín|
|Date of birth||1 February 1987|
|Place of birth||Plasencia, Spain|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|2007–2008||→ Talavera (loan)||35||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 October 2016.
Born in Plasencia, Cáceres, Rubio began his career with hometown's UP Plasencia, before moving to Villarreal CF in 2002 at the age of 15. He made his senior debuts with the latter's reserves in Tercera División and, in the following season, appeared in preseason with first team, featuring in a friendly against RCD Espanyol; he also helped the B's achieve promotion to Segunda División B, in 2007.
In the 2007 summer, Rubio was loaned to Talavera CF, and received the club's Trofeo Halcón at the end of the third level campaign, which ended in relegation. He subsequently returned to Villarreal, opting to terminate his contract to join Écija Balompié, also in division three.
For 2009–10, Rubio returned to the fourth division and signed for UD Almería, being assigned to the B-team and finishing his first year with 39 appearances and seven goals to help them reach the third tier for the first time ever. He was team top scorer in the following season, with the side maintaining their league status.
On 27 June 2011, Rubio signed a contract with CD San Roque de Lepe. In January of the following year, after a string of good performances (with his side reaching the final phases of the Copa del Rey), he left and penned an 18-month deal with neighbouring Recreativo de Huelva, in Segunda División.
Rubio made his debut as a professional on 4 February 2012, appearing as a second-half substitute in a 0–1 home loss against Deportivo de La Coruña. He scored his first goal for Recre on 8 September, contributing to a 3–2 home success over Real Murcia.
- Deportes Halcón distingue a Jesús Rubio, ‘Jugador Halcón’ (Deportes Halcón honours Jesús Rubio, ‘Halcón Player’); La Voz de Talavera, 25 June 2008 (Spanish)
- El Écija ata un nuevo refuerzo: Jesús Rubio (Écija has a new signing: Jesús Rubio); Estadio Deportivo, 20 July 2008 (Spanish)
- Jesús Rubio, tercer fichaje aurinegro (Jesús Rubio, third aurinegro signing); Huelva24, 27 June 2011 (Spanish)
- Jesús Rubio, nuevo refuerzo extremeño para el centro de campo del Recre (Jesús Rubio, new Extremadura signing for Recre midfield); ABC, 28 January 2012 (Spanish)
- El Depor no frena (Depor does not stop); Marca, 4 February 2012 (Spanish)
- 'Chuli' marca diferencias en un choque de alternativas ('Chuli' makes a difference in two-way clash); Marca, 8 September 2012 (Spanish)
- Jesús Rubio es converteix en jugador del Nàstic (Jesús Rubio becomes a Nàstic player); Gimnàstic Tarragona, 20 August 2013 (Catalan)