Jesper Kongstad is the current Director General of the Danish Patent and Trademark Office and Chairman of the Administrative Council of the European Patent Organisation. In 2009, he was candidate for the position of President of the European Patent Office, which was to be filled on 1 July 2010. In December 2009, he withdrew his candidacy. Jesper Kongstad was elected as Chairman of the Administrative Council of the European Patent Organisation on June 29, 2010. He took up office on July 1, 2010 for a period of three years, later extended to six years.
- ^ European Patent Office (EPO) web site, Administrative Council, Composition. Consulted on March 26, 2009.
- ^ EPO web site, Applications received for the post of EPO President, 17 September 2009. Consulted on September 18, 2009.
- ^ EPO web site, Communiqué from the Administrative Council, Updates, December 11, 2009. Consulted on December 12, 2009.
- ^ (German) Stefan Krempl, Führungskrise beim Europäischen Patentamt, heise online, 11.12.2009 18:23. Consulted on December 12, 2009.
- ^ EPO website, Jesper Kongstad elected Chairman of Administrative Council of the European Patent Organisation, News, June 29, 2010. Consulted on June 30, 2010.
- ^ "Re-election of the Chair of the Administrative Council". European Patent Office. 26 March 2013. Retrieved April 6, 2013.