This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Jessica Loren Popov
February 15, 1985
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Occupation||entrepreneur, international speaker, and author|
Jess Loren (born Jessica Loren Popov, February 15, 1985) is an American entrepreneur, international speaker, and author of "Pinterest for Business". She is also the founder of ChiTown Deals, which was acquired by Tippr.com in May 2009. Loren contributes to "Fast Company" and "Entrepreneur". Loren co-founded Kambio Group, a digital marketing agency, and speaks at media and technology conferences throughout the country. Kambio Group was acquired by Legacy Marketing Partners in 2013.
Early life and career
Loren was born in Chicago, Illinois, United States, and graduated from Schaumburg High School in Schaumburg, Illinois in 2003. In high school, Loren was president of her local Junior Achievement chapter.
In 2012, Loren teamed with Swiderski to write Pinterest for Business: How to Pin Your Company to the Top of the Hottest Social Media Network about Pinterest and its business applications. The book received minor accolades, and spent some time on Best of Business Books list. During this period, she also helped promote The Twelve Bars of Christmas.
Loren originally launched SocialTechPop as a business and technology blog with Ed Swiderski. In 2014, Loren revamped the focus to events like the Chicago Christmas Crawl, and has partnered to bring Slide the City, a city wide Slip 'N Slide, to eight states. The company is responsible for digital marketing for the Chicago Pride Fest and Market Days. In 2017, she launched BackspaceDaily, where she reports on a technology and pop culture.
In 2016, Loren was part of Steve Harvey's fitness challenge, competing on the team of celebrity trainer Lacey Stone. She has appeared on the Steve Harvey show 5 times, and most recently discussed her dating history while on the show.
In the summer of 2012, Loren joined a selection committee for Project Impact, a competition that provides $100,000, management support, and networking opportunities to early stage nonprofits that are using an innovative model to improve the lives of low-income Chicagoans. Project Impact is run by A Better Chicago, a venture philanthropy fund for the Chicago metropolitan area.
- "Tippr Buys Chitown Deals". Xconomy. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- Loren, Jess (2012-09-04). "3 Ways To Become An Authoritative Leader, Even If You're Under 30 | Fast Company | Business + Innovation". Fast Company. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Sĺ fĺr du spridning pĺ dina bilder i sociala medier". Internetworld. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Pinterest for Business How to Pin Your Company to the Top of the Hottest Social Media Network". Que Biz-Tech. 2012-08-22. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Wicker Park business owners, alderman respond to Chicago Christmas Crawl event". redeyechicago.com. 2014-09-17. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Algonquin Slide the City event tickets go on sale for giant water slide | Northwest Herald". Nwherald.com. 2015-06-03. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Steve Harvey Fitness Challenge". Steveharvey.com.
- "BTS Steve Harvey Drama". Lacey Stone Fitness.