||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Jess started out in theatre and trained at The Arts Educational School, Tring Park as a singer. She played Little Voice in The Rise and Fall of Little Voice, by Jim Cartwright, at the Courtyard Theatre. Her role included imitating the voices of Judy Garland, Marlene Dietrich, Billie Holiday, Edith Piaf and Julie Andrews. Geraldine McNulty appeared as her mother, Marie Hoff.
Jess then went on to perform in the last two series of Dead Ringers on BBC2. She occasionally appeared as an impressionist but mostly played characters in various sketches to support the stars; Jan Ravens, Jon Culshaw, Mark Perry, Kevin Connelly, and Phil Cornwell.
In the Dead Ringers CBBC spin off 'Spoof!' (part of the Gina's Laughing Gear comedy pilot season), Jess appeared as Supernanny, Charlotte Church, Konnie Huq and Billie Piper among others. Other appearances include the CBBC talent show The Slammer as part of an impressions double act and as a special guest on Blue Peter.
Robinson appeared in various sketches in the first two series of The Impressions Show with Culshaw and Stephenson. In 2010 Director Angie De Chastelai Smith collaborated with producer Charlie Hanson at ITV to make It's Paul Burling! in which Jess co-starred as the main female impressionist. Her impressions included Cheryl Cole, Stacey Solomon and Kerry Katona. The show, which aired in December 2010 to a television audience of 3.7 million viewers, was a one-hour 'Christmas special' on ITV1 following Burling's success on talent show BGT.
On Radio, Jess was part of Newsjack for BBC Radio 7. Robinson has also recorded numerous episodes of 15 Minute Musical, The Castle, The Secret World, and radio sitcom, The Music Teacher
Edinburgh Fringe shows
2014: Jess Robinson: Mighty Voice
2015: Jess Robinson: The Rise of Mighty Voice.
2016: Jess Robinson: Impressive.
The 2014 show featured live accompaniment from Kirsty Newton, (Arthur Smith Sings Leonard Cohen). The show included a 40 impression finale, Liza Minnelli impression masterclass and impressions of Nicki Minaj, Shirley Bassey, Jessie J, Britney Spears, Björk, Cheryl Cole, Sharon Osborne and many more.
As a voice-over artist, Robinson is the lead voice on Horrible Histories, along with John Culshaw. She has completed 52 episodes of new animation Bat Pat, playing one of the lead roles; Leo as well as many other characters. She has voiced many promotions on Disney Channel and Disney Junior.
Robinson has worked on many video games including Anno 1404, Venetica, Risen 2: Dark Waters and Risen 3: Titan Lords in which she played the role of Pirate, Patty Steelbeard. Jess plays popular character of Ivo in Book of Unwritten Tales. In 2016, Robinson appeared as a panelist on The Dog Ate My Homework
- "Jess Robinson". Newsjack. 25 June 2009. BBC Radio 4 Extra. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "The Key 2 Time - The Destroyer of Delights". Big Finish Productions. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "Patient Zero". Big Finish Productions. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "Blue Forgotten Planet". Big Finish Productions. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "The Pyralis Effect". Big Finish Productions. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "Cyberman 2". Big Finish Productions. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- Scoop (TV series)
- BBC Radio 7 Newsjack
- BBC Radio: The Secret World
- Guide, British Comedy. "Jess Robinson - Edinburgh Fringe 2014 - British Comedy Guide". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- Guide, British Comedy. "Jess Robinson - Edinburgh Fringe 2015 - British Comedy Guide". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- Guide, British Comedy. "Jess Robinson - Edinburgh Fringe 2016 - British Comedy Guide". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- Horrible Histories (2009 TV series)
- The Book of Unwritten Tales#Characters
- "Troika - Talent Agency". www.troikatalent.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Rabbit Vocal Management". www.rabbitvocalmanagement.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-30.