This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Jessica Sophia Wright
14 September 1985 (age 31)
Tower Hamlets, London, England
|Television||The Only Way Is Essex|
|Relatives||Mark Wright (brother)
Josh Wright (brother)
Elliott Wright (cousin)
Michelle Keegan (sister-in-law)
|Labels||All Around the World|
Jessica "Jess" Wright (born 16 September 1985) is model, singer, entrepreneur and reality star. She is probably best known for her part in the ITVBe reality TV series, The Only Way Is Essex, in which she has appeared throughout its run from 2010.
Wright is the elder daughter of Carol Wright and Mark Wright, Sr and the sister of Mark Wright, Natalya Wright and Josh Wright, and the cousin of Elliott Wright and Leah Wright (who also starred in a few episodes of The Only Way Is Essex). She has a degree in Business & Marketing Management from Westminster University in London and her final dissertation looked at celebrity endorsements.
Prior to appearing on The Only Way Is Essex Wright auditioned for a number of girl bands.
The Only Way Is Essex
Wright was noticed as one of the cast members in the ITVBe reality TV series, The Only Way Is Essex 2010–present \ Series 1-present. Wright appeared in the show from its premiere until its 16th series and has had public feuds with Lauren Goodger played out in the show. Her relationship with fellow cast member Ricky Rayment was documented as well, but the couple have recently broken up. In February 2016, after five years and 16 series, Wright announced her departure from TOWIE.
In December 2011 the show's current cast released a cover of the Wham! classic "Last Christmas", with their own unique version of the show's theme song "The Only Way Is Up" as the single's B-side, which was a cover of the Yazz version that is used as the theme for The Only Way Is Essex.
In 2012, Wright signed a three-single deal with All Around the World. She later went to Marbella to film the music video for her debut single "Dance All Night", which was released on 16 September 2012 and peaked at number 36 on the UK Singles Chart. Wright released her second single "Dominoes" featuring Mann on 17 February 2013. It failed to make the Top 100 of the UK Singles Chart, but did chart on the UK Official Dance Chart at number 36. Wright then released a further track, "Come with Me", in June 2013, as part of Clubland 23.
|Single||Year||Peak chart positions|
|"Dance All Night"||2012||36|
|"Come with Me"||—|
She was in a long-term relationship of two and a half years with fellow "The Only Way is Essex" cast member Ricky Rayment, from 2012 until 2014.
- "On TOWIE, We're Not All Uneducated Idiots". The Huffington Post UK.
- Jane Symons. "TOWIE star Jessica Wright survives car crash that caused her condition - Health - Life & Style - Daily Express". Express.co.uk.
- Carl Greenwood (17 February 2015). "TOWIE 2015: Jessica Wright on moving to America and her favourite Essex moments". mirror.
- Darvill, Josh (16 February 2016). "Jess Wright quits The Only Way Is Essex after five years". TellyMix. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- Copsey, Robert (10 November 2011). "'Only Way Is Essex' stars confirm Christmas single". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "JESSICA WRIGHT - Artist - Official Charts". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- Wills, Kate (24 August 2013). "TOWIE's Jessica Wright's Come with Me might be the worst music video of all time". Daily Mirror. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- Jess Wilson (7 April 2015). "Jessica Wright shows off her gorgeous figure as she launches new swimwear range for Ann Summers". mirror.
- "Diamond Whites - Leaders in Non Peroxide Teeth Whitening". diamondwhites.co.uk.
- "The Only Way Is Essex: who's who?". Telegraph.co.uk.
- "Jessica Wright reveals: Car crash left me with anxiety and panic attacks". Now magazine. 15 January 2014.
- Helen Turnbull. "Jessica Wright sensationally ends relationship with Ricky Rayment - OK! Magazine". OK! Magazine.