|Born||Jesse Taylor Rugge
November 10, 1979
Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
|Known for||Involvement in the murder of Nicholas Markowitz.|
His trial started in April 2002. He was the get away driver when Nicholas was abducted, and was in charge of watching him during his kidnapping. He also tied Nicholas's hands together and put duct tape over his mouth right before his execution and helped Ryan Hoyt bury the body. In September 2002 Rugge was sentenced to life in prison, with the possibility of parole after seven years. Rugge was incarcerated in Avenal State Prison for his part in Nicholas Markowitz's murder. His parole in 2006 was denied.
The mother of the victim, Susan Markowitz, started a petition to try to have Rugge's parole denied. However, on July 2, 2013, Jesse Rugge was granted parole, and was released from prison on October 24, 2013.
- Scheeres, Julia. "Jesse James Hollywood, drug dealer orders murder and flees". Crime Library. Courtroom Television Network LLC. Archived from the original on 2007-05-29. Retrieved 2007-06-08.
- Uehlinger, Tim (April 12, 2006). "The long hunt for Jesse James Hollywood". Dateline. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- Guccione, Jean (September 25, 2002). "22-Year-Old Is Sentenced to Life in Teen's Kidnap-Slaying". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- Guccione, Jean (September 25, 2002). "Los Angeles; 22-Year-Old Gets Life in Valley Teen's Kidnap-Slaying". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- KEYT. "Accomplice In Markowitz Killing Freed".
|This United States biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|