|No. 25 – S.L. Benfica|
|League||Liga Portuguesa de Basquetebol|
June 5, 1989 |
Sugar Land, Texas
|Listed height||6 ft 2 3⁄4 in (1.90 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Homeschool Christian Youth Association
|NBA draft||2012 / Undrafted|
|2012–2013||Fileni BPA Jesi|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jesse Sanders (born June 5, 1989) is an American professional basketball player for S.L. Benfica of the Liga Portuguesa de Basquetebol. Sanders is known for his decorated college career for Liberty University, where he was the first NCAA Division I player to record a triple-double in each of his four varsity seasons.
At Liberty, Sanders was a four-year starter at point guard. For his career, he scored 1,235 points (9.7 per game). He also graduated as the school's all-time assist leader with 726. In 2011, Sanders was named the Big South Conference Player of the Year and an honorable mention All-American by the Associated Press. In the 2011–12 season, his 8.0 assists per game was the third-highest mark in the nation.
In June 2012, Sanders signed with Fileni BPA Jesi of Italy for the 2012–13 season. In 25 games, he averaged 9.7 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.4 steals per game in his first professional season.
On June 8, 2013, Sanders signed with the Sydney Kings for the 2013–14 NBL season. On November 14, 2013, Sanders was informed that the November 15 game against the Townsville Crocodiles would be his last, after the Kings signed former NBA veteran Sam Young.
On February 23, 2014, the Kings announced that Sanders would be returning to the club following import Charles Carmouche's decision to return the United States. On March 16, 2014, Sanders recorded a near triple-double with 24 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists in a crucial 100-90 win over the Adelaide 36ers.
In 13 games for the Kings (over his two stints), Sanders averaged 10.5 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.
As a child, Sanders and his brother, Thomas, started a small business called Sanders Bros Landscaping.
Jesse and his brother John Caleb Sanders operate Sanders Family Photo Booth in the Lynchburg area.
- McQuade, Matt (June 8, 2013). "Sydney Kings sign US College star Jesse Sanders". NBL.com.au. Archived from the original on February 28, 2014. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- "2012–13 Liberty Flames men's basketball media guide, page 126-7". Liberty Flames. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- "Liberty's Jesse Sanders Signs to Play in Italy". wset.com. June 27, 2012. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- JESSE SANDERS basketball profile – Season: 2012-2013 (Italy)
- NBL: Sydney Kings score huge coup by signing Indiana forward Sam Young
- Thank you Jesse
- Jesse Sanders returns to Sydney
- SOS: The Summer of Sanders Returns
- R22 Report: Sanders fires Kings past Adelaide
- Player statistics for Jesse Sanders
- Jesse Sanders signs with Limburg
- Jesse Sanders moves to Tubingen Walter-Tigers
- Jesse Sanders wird neuer Spielmacher für die BG Göttingen (in German)
- Jesse Sanders: "É um clube com uma uma longa história" (in Portuguese)
- Player information: Jesse Sanders
- SOS: Family