Jessica Capshaw (2015)
|Born||Jessica Brooke Capshaw
August 9, 1976
Columbia, Missouri, U.S
|Alma mater||Brown University|
|Spouse(s)||Christopher Gavigan (m. 2004)|
|Relatives||Steven Spielberg (stepfather)
Sasha Spielberg (half-sister)
Theo Spielberg (adopted brother)
Jessica Brooke Capshaw (born August 9, 1976) is an American actress. She is known for her role as Jamie Stringer in The Practice and Dr. Arizona Robbins on the ABC medical drama Grey's Anatomy. She was introduced in Grey's Anatomy's fifth season as an attending surgeon and the new head of pediatric surgery. Originally contracted to appear in three episodes, Capshaw's contract was extended to the remainder of the fifth season, with her becoming a series regular in the sixth season.
Capshaw was born in Columbia, Missouri, the daughter of actress and producer Kate Capshaw, and Robert Capshaw, a sales manager, marketing director, business executive, and high school principal. She is the stepdaughter of director Steven Spielberg. She graduated from Harvard-Westlake School in 1994 and Brown University in 1998 with an English degree. She then attended acting classes at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA) in London.
In the 2001 slasher film Valentine, Capshaw played Dorothy Wheeler. In 2009, she became a regular on the medical drama Grey's Anatomy. It was first reported in December 2008 that Capshaw would be joining the cast of Grey's Anatomy as pediatric surgeon Arizona Robbins, for a multi-episode arc. Initially scheduled to appear in three episodes of the show's fifth season, series creator Shonda Rhimes later extended Capshaw's contract to appear in all of the season's remaining episodes, becoming a series regular in the sixth season.
She was established as a love-interest for orthopedic resident Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez). Series creator Shonda Rhimes was pleased with the chemistry between Robbins and Torres, citing the addition of Capshaw to the cast as an element of the season of which she was most proud. Speaking of the new addition, Rhimes said: "I love Jessica Capshaw, and when I say love I mean love. She couldn't be a more wonderful person, and I feel like the chemistry Arizona and Callie have feels like the Meredith and Derek chemistry to me. I find them delightful to watch." Initial media reaction to the character was positive. Matt Mitovich of TV Guide described her as a "fan favorite", and Chris Monfette for IGN praised the addition of "fresh, new characters", such as Robbins over the course of the season.
Capshaw married Christopher Gavigan on May 22, 2004 at her family's East Hampton estate. Capshaw has four children with her husband: son Luke Hudson Gavigan (born September 8, 2007)  and daughters Eve Augusta Gavigan (born October 20, 2010), Poppy James Gavigan (born June 20, 2012), and Josephine Kate Gavigan (born May 2, 2016). 
|1999||The Love Letter||Kelly|
|2000||Big Time||Claire||Short film|
|2002||The Mesmerist||Daisy Valdemar|
|2003||View from the Top||Royalty International Flight Attendant||Uncredited|
|2007||Blind Trust||Cassie Stewart|
|2014||The Hero of Color City||Duck|
|1999||ER||Sally McKenna||1 episode: "Rites of Spring"|
|1999-2000||Odd Man Out||Aunt Jordan||Main cast
|2001||The Back Page||TV Movie|
|2002-2004||The Practice||Jamie Stringer||Main cast
Season 7 & 8; 42 episodes
|2005||Into the West||Rachel Wheeler||1 episode: "Manifest Destiny"|
|2006||Thick and Thin||Mary||Unaired|
|2006||Bones||Rebecca Stinson||2 episodes: "Mother and Child in the Bay", "The Truth in the Lye"|
|2007||The L Word||Nadia Christ||3 episodes: "Livin' La Vida Loca", "Lassoed", "Layup"|
|2009||Head Case||1 episode: "Tying the Not"|
|2009–present||Grey's Anatomy||Dr. Arizona Robbins||Recurring (Season 5)
Main Cast (Season 6-present)
|2010||One Angry Juror||Sarah Walsh||TV Movie|
- "Character Bios". ABC.com. Retrieved 2009. Check date values in:
- Jessica Capshaw Biography (1976–) at Film Reference
- Jessica Capshaw - IMDB bio
- "Reunion Report 1998". Brown Alumni Magazine. July–August 2003.
- Ausiello, Michael (December 3, 2008). "'Grey's Anatomy' Exclusive: Eric Stoltz lands killer role". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- Ausiello, Michael (February 26, 2009). "'Grey's' exclusive: Jessica Capshaw inks contract!". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- Ausiello, Michael (June 17, 2009). "Exclusive: 'Grey's Anatomy' promotes Jessica Capshaw". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- Marsi, Steve. "Jessica Capshaw Promoted to Full Time Cast Member". TV Fanatic. SheKnows Entertainment. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- Mitovich, Matt (June 19, 2009). "ABC Makes It Official: Heigl Is Staying on Grey's". TV Guide. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- Monfette, Chris (May 29, 2009). "Grey's Anatomy: Season 5 Review". IGN. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- Ausiello, Michael (May 15, 2009). "Exclusive: 'Grey's' boss on finale's Izzie-George shocker, Mer-Der 'wedding,' and more!". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved August 19, 2009.
- "Christopher Gavigan". Penguin.com.
- "Jessica Capshaw Welcomes A Son". People.com. October 3, 2007.
- "Jessica Capshaw Is A Mom Again". People.com. October 30, 2010.
- Jordan, Julie and Michaud,Sarah (June 21, 2012). "Jessica Capshaw Welcomes Daughter Poppy James". People.com.
- Park, Andrea (May 9, 2016). "Jessica Capshaw Welcomes Daughter Josephine Kate". People.com.